website statistics

What medal in Tokyo for someone NOT from your country would be the most fun for you?

There are so many sportsmen/sportswomen from other countries I cheer on... and they are from very different countries.

And every olympics I find someone who I noticed and liked in some prelims/qualification rounds and begin to cheer on as well...

But I think my favourite would be :QATMutaz Essa Barshim - his coach is Polish, would be great if Mutaz wins, we don't have any medal chances for Poland in M HJ. But I'm afraid that Mutaz is one of these athletes whose chances are smaller than they would be if the games were in 2020

23 minutes ago, phelps said:

but the answer to the original question is a no brainer: Rowing, men's Quadruple Sculls winning Gold in memoriam of Filippo Mondelli...

(From the other thread)

I would like to add this for myself in this thread, that'd be an awesome medal!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

59 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

There are so many sportsmen/sportswomen from other countries I cheer on... and they are from very different countries.

And every olympics I find someone who I noticed and liked in some prelims/qualification rounds and begin to cheer on as well...

But I think my favourite would be :QATMutaz Essa Barshim - his coach is Polish, would be great if Mutaz wins, we don't have any medal chances for Poland in M HJ. But I'm afraid that Mutaz is one of these athletes whose chances are smaller than they would be if the games were in 2020

Barshim in his best days, those times when he jumped near or over 2.40m as if he could literally step on the air :bowdown: 

His whole style of jumping, it was some of the best bits of athletics I can remember watching, and he did so for quite a few times. I hope he wins, but he doesn't seem to have that 'magic' anymore of his best days..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Barshim in his best days, those times when he jumped near or over 2.40m as if it was nothing :bowdown: 

His whole style of jumping, it was some of the best bits of athletics I can remember watching, and he did so for quite a few times. I hope he wins, but he doesn't seem to have that 'magic' anymore of his best days..

Yes, exactly, that is why I like him so much. 

Rikako Ikee winning a medal would be pretty cool, sadly this doesn’t seem very likely. Maybe she can make a final. Slovenia winning a medal in men’s basketball would be pretty nice as well. Pellegrini winning a medal would be pretty funny, but I don’t really see it happening. Another very cool medal winner would be Popovici from Romania in men’s 100 free.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.