website statistics

What medal in Tokyo for someone NOT from your country would be the most fun for you?

:POL for sure in men's hammer throw for the gold IF we won't have a chance to win the event (I doubt it, I think Halász would need a miracle). It would be criminal if Pawel Fajdek would miss yet another chance for the gold, he's one of the greatest athletes ever in men's hammer throw. 

All I can say is I do find it amazing that any non American would be cheering on an American .

Or maybe a Russian or Chinese too 

Because :

These countries win more than enough medals as it is 

and 

They are countries which have a more than an average chance of having dopers  get medals 

4 hours ago, MagyarBabu said:

- :SLO  ALL

(Janja Garnbret :hyper:)

- A medal for :ROU in Gymnastic :fingers:

- :POL Maria Magdalena Andrejczyk GOLD medal

:BUR Hughues Fabrice Zango, Men's Tiple Jump

- :BAN Ruman Shana, Archery

:BUR and :BAN would be amazing! Both are my sentimental favorites here, along with Matvei Petrov from :ALB as I mentioned before.

And I'm torn about what to expect from :ROU. On one hand, Iordache is an extremely talented gymnast who deserves an individual medal. On the other hand, Romania butchered and destroyed their women's program, so they don't have my sympathy and don't deserve an Olympic medal this year, at least not until they fix their program. So, my heart says yes, but my brain says no. 

2 hours ago, rajiv said:

All I can say is I do find it amazing that any non American would be cheering on an American .

Because :

and 

They are countries which have a more than an average chance of having dopers  get medals 

Because athletes don't equal their country and plenty of people cheer for athletes, not countries. 

If a wonderful athlete happens to be American, Chinese, Indian or German (or any random country), why on earth would I cheer against him/her just because of which nationality is in their passport? That'd be nonsense.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, rajiv said:

Because :

and 

You forgot to include GB on purpose?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.