website statistics

What medal for your country in Tokyo would be the most fun for you?

For me it would be a medal for Sarah Köhler, Florian Wellbrock, Philipp Heintz, Gesa Krause or Malaika Mihambo. I feel like they deserved this after their performances in recent years.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 1 month later...
On 19/06/2021 at 19:52, Makedonas said:

:GRE Men's water polo would be nice. We've qualified for 11 consecutive Olympics and still never won a medal. Best was 4th place in 2004. We were 6th in Rio. I think it would be a bit surprising if we won a medal this year which would make it fun. Also we got two World Championships bronze medals (2005 and 2015) so it's a bit disappointing that we haven't been able to be successful like that in the Olympics.

:GRE Any of our three boats in rowing. One of my favourite sports and all of our rowers here are very young (the oldest is 24) and we have a lot of problems in rowing. I think a youngster winning an Olympic medal would really help the situation and maybe attract some more sponsors.

Both of these happened and were fun, silver in water polo and gold in rowing :clap:

On 20/06/2021 at 23:34, Dolby said:

My wish list: 

1) Hockey Men's medal 

2) Mirabai somehow winning Gold

3) Elavenil winning medal (She is a fellow Amdavadi :p)

4) Neeraj getting our first ever Athletics medal. 

5) Sindhu becoming our most decorated Olympian (except Hockey)

6) Vinesh Phogat getting a Olympic medal for the phenomenal Phogat family

7) Overall getting 2 Golds and 10 medals. 

Hockey, Neeraj and Sindhu got their medals. Phogat family got their medal although vis Bajrang. Mirabai won Silver. 1 Gold and 7 medals. Not far from my wish list. :thumbup:

On 21/06/2021 at 02:53, Vic Liu said:

My gold medal wish list top5:

1. Women's Volleyball

2. Gymnastics Men's team

3. Swimming Women's 100m/200m fly-Zhang Yufei

4. Athletics Women's Shot Put-Gong Lijiao

5. Rowing M2X-Zhang Liang & Liu Zhiyu

1. Boomed out early

2. Russia’s performance deserved the gold

3. 200m fly got it and breaking OR

4. got it with PB

5. Bronze medal is already a breakthrough for men’s rowing

6 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Women's Volleyball is the one i wanted the most and we got it in an amazing display in semis and the final

My top one too for team sports.  Individually, first two to come to mind are Bobby Finke and Lee Kiefer, then add in Jennifer Valente.  

17 minutes ago, Triplecast said:

My top one too for team sports.  Individually, first two to come to mind are Bobby Finke and Lee Kiefer, then add in Jennifer Valente.  

I loved valente's gold, but i had 0 expectations going in, plus i didnt watch it live and only after watching the volleyball final. She was lucky Laura Kenny got into an accident, but doesn't matter, amazing achievement. I remember in London2012 when Sarah Hammer lost on the very last event after leading through all 9 previous ones