website statistics

On which day will your nation win their first medal of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games?

When is the first realistic medal chance of the Games for your nation?

First day, Paula Pareto in Judo (48kg) and Lucas Guzmán in taekwondo (58Kg)

When do you think your nation will get their first medal and in which event?

If it´s not the first day, then probably around the second weekend when tennis and sailing begin their finals. If not by then, during the last week for most team sports finals. 

Is there a bumper day for your nation where you expect more than one or a few medals to come? If so, what day?

We don´t have that many medals expectations at all, so probably not.

Is there a day when you expect to have not so much competitors from your nation competing or no chances for medals?

One of the benefits of having so many teams is that every day we have 3 or 4 playing a match, so probably around the last days of the Olympics if none of them make the finals.

17 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Usa - I was gonna say day 1 however with no swimming on day 1 I'm pessimistic about those specific events in shooting and fencing.

I had actually written down something along the line of "of course the US will win a medal day 1" but then I looked at the schedule to make sure and, ya. Day 1 is probably going to be the worst day for team USA.

5 hours ago, rybak said:

None, as the Games will be cancelled in coming days.

Can we at least wait until the end of the USA athletics and artistic gymnastics trials that conclude next Sunday, 6/27, then you can cancel.

• 1 month later...
On 19/06/2021 at 20:08, Makedonas said:

1.When is the first realistic medal chance of the Games for your nation?

Day 2-Anna Korakaki in the women's 10m air pistol. She won bronze in it last time, is the current world champion and also won medals at the 2019 and 2020 European Championships in that event, so why not another medal? Of course shooting is unpredictable but I think she's the first realistic chance. Not saying she will win one.

2.When do you think your nation will get their first medal and in which event?

Day 7-Anna Korakaki in the women's 25m pistol. She won gold last time. We also have the men's single sculls final in rowing on Day 7 and I think Stefanos Ntouskos has good chance to win a medal. So between Korakaki and Ntouskos, I think at least one of them will win a medal on Day 7. Also on Day 7 we could have finals in the women's single sculls (Anneta Kyridou) and men's 200 IM (Andreas Vazaios) but those two are much less likely to win medals than Korakaki and Ntouskos in my opinion.

3.Is there a bumper day for your nation where you expect more than one or a few medals to come? If so, what day?

Day 7 as I mentioned, and also Day 10 (Petrounias in the men's rings - if he qualifies, and Tentoglou in the men's long jump). There are a few others like Day 9 and Day 13, but Day 7 and Day 10 are better chances.

4.Is there a day when you expect to have not so much competitors from your nation competing or no chances for medals?

Day 1 for sure we won't win medals, also Day 15 and Day 16 we won't unless our men's basketball and water polo teams make it that far. Days 4, 5, 6, and 11 are also very unlikely but we have small chances those days.

1. She got 6th place.

2. Korakaki got 6th on Day 7, but Ntouskos won GOLD on that day.

3. Day 10 we did get two medals, gold from Tentoglou and bronze from Petrounias.

4. I was wrong about Day 16 :d