website statistics

On which day will your nation win their first medal of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games?

6 hours ago, Vektor said:

This seems to be a good opportunity for me to make a "Hungarian medal chances per day" post, I wanted to do this anyway at some point. I am only mentioning events where a medal wouldn't be surprising (in my opinion). Probably my most "controversial" decision is that I am leaving women's 200m IM off, I think it would be surprising if Hosszú wins a medal in that event. 

Events with our best chances are in bold.

July 24 - Day 1 (1)

• Fencing, men's individual sabre, Áron Szilágyi / András Szatmári

July 25 - Day 2 (3)

• Swimming, women's 400m IM, Katinka Hosszú
  • Fencing, men's individual epée, Gergely Siklósi
  • Shooting, men's 10m air rifle, István Péni

July 26 - Day 3 (1)

• Fencing, women's individual sabre, Anna Márton / Liza Pusztai

July 27 - Day 4 (0)

July 28 - Day 5 (3)

• Swimming, men's 200m butterfly, Kristóf Milák / Tamás Kenderesi
  • Fencing, men's team sabre, Hungary
  • Judo, men's 90kg, Krisztián Tóth

July 29 - Day 6 (1)

• Swimming, women's 200m butterfly, Boglárka Kapás

July 30 - Day 7 (0)

July 31 - Day 8 (2)

• Swimming, men's 100m butterfly, Kristóf Milák
  • Fencing, women's team sabre, Hungary

August 1 - Day 9 (0)

August 2 - Day 10 (1)

• Shooting, men's 50m rifle 3 positions, István Péni

August 3 - Day 11 (5)

• Sailing, men's finn, Zsombor Berecz
  • Canoe Sprint, men's K1 1000m, Bálint Kopasz / Ádám Varga
  • Canoe Sprint, women's K1 200m, Dóra Lucz
  • Canoe Sprint, women's K2 500m, two Hungarian boats
  • Wrestling, men's Greco-Roman 77kg, Tamás Lőrincz

August 4 - Day 12 (3)

• Wrestling, men's Greco-Roman 67kg, Bálint Kopasz
  • Wrestling, men's Greco-Roman 87kg, Viktor Lőrincz
  • Swimming, women's 10km, Anna Olasz

August 5 - Day 13 (4)

• Athletics, women's heptathlon, Xénia Krizsán
  • Canoe Sprint, men's K1 200m, Sándor Tótka
  • Canoe Sprint, women's K1 500m, Danuta Kozák / Tamara Csipes
  • Swimming, men's 10km, Kristóf Rasovszky

August 6 - Day 14 (1)

• Modern Pentathlon, women's, Michelle Gulyás

August 7 - Day 15 (5)

• Water Polo, women's, Hungary
  • Modern Pentathlon, men's, Ádám Marosi
  • Canoe Sprint, women's C2 500m, Hungary
  • Canoe Sprint, women's K4 500m, Hungary
  • Wrestling, men's freestyle 65kg, Iszmail Muszukajev

August 8 - Day 16 (1)

• Water Polo, men's, Hungary

Veronika Major? 

Usa - I was gonna say day 1 however with no swimming on day 1 I'm pessimistic about those specific events in shooting and fencing. 

Israel - possible on day 2 with Richter in shooting. More realistic is day 4, Judo men's 81kg with Sagi Muki  

When is the first realistic medal chance of the Games for your nation? When do you think your nation will get their first medal and in which event?

Day 1,  being pessimistic, optimistic and realistic 

First medal event of Olympic Games - Women's 10m Air Rifle. World no 1 Elavenil . She's shooting great especially in qualifications  and has 100% record in finals, ie never came empty handed after reaching finals in international stage in seniors. The only time she won silver was in Naples at Summer Universiade . It was all gold other than that. 

If we do get a shock no medal from Elavenil or Apurvi we'll go to the 2nd event of the Olympic Games, Women's -49kg weightlifting. Mira did 86+119 = 205 at asian champs and Hou did 96+117=213kg. It was later found to be a back injury and she went to US for the treatment and is consistently doing 90+120=210kg. She'll directly fly to Tokyo from US so no injury, no covid ,no bomb out in snatch i hope she breaks the national record, surely medal will come as 4th best lifter is at 195kg ,quite behind .

Then coming to 10m Air Pistol. Saurab Chaudhary got covid yet he seems to be on another planet. Consistently shooting 590+ in Qualification except for a few tournaments. I'm sure he'll do well in finals and win a medal. 

Archery Mixed Team. It could be India's first couple to medal depending on ranking scores. Still archery is like a lucky draw unless your from Korea. 

I expect minimum 1 gold and 1 other medal on day 1. 

Is there a bumper day for your nation where you expect more than one or a few medals to come? If so, what day?

Day 1 only. 

Day 4 we have mixed team rifle and pistol. We're unbeaten in Mixed Team Pistol since Manu competed with Saurab and have medalled in all mixed  rifle events

Is there a day when you expect to have not so much competitors from your nation competing or no chances for medals?

I'm afraid Day 16 unless we have a finalist in -75kg or -60kg Women's Boxing. Starting week Shooting,Archery ,Hockey, Badminton,, Boxing... When Shooting ends wrestling will have our attention. 

4 hours ago, Dolby said:

Veronika Major? 

It's her first Games and she didn't win a medal at the 2021 ECh, so I didn't want to suggest that this is a clear medal chance for us. She has a shot at winning a medal, as shooting is quite unpredictable, but for her first Games I will already be very happy if she qualifies for the final. I am cautious about our chances in shooting because we haven't won a medal since Athens. 

When is the first realistic medal chance of the Games for your nation?

Day one where Jakob Fuglsang will be a strong contender for the road race medals. An outside chance in the 10m air rifle as well.

When do you think your nation will get their first medal and in which event?

If not in day one, I would say Jesper Hansen in the men's skeet shooting on day 3.

A pessimistic call would be Sverri Nielsen on day 7.

Is there a bumper day for your nation where you expect more than one or a few medals to come? If so, what day?

Either day 10 with 49er, 49er FX and badminton men's singles or day 15 with the men's madison and handball (with outside chances in women's golf and women's K4)

Is there a day when you expect to have not so much competitors from your nation competing or no chances for medals?

I do believe that we'll have at least a small outsider every day. However days 14 and 16 seems like the weakest chances with just women's madison and women's omnium.

ISRAEL

this time we are very optimisitc about our chances so maybe

Day one-- TKD -49 Avishag Samberg could suprise everyone but small chances though

Day two-- Richter in 10M air riflie shooting he was very good last time i saw him,..

Day three -- if those days will not be our lucky days maybe Nelson Levy she will be the 7th ranked so just maybe..

and so on...' we actually have a nice delegation this time

22 hours ago, CCB said:

Is there a day when you expect to have not so much competitors from your nation competing or no chances for medals?

Not a particular day, but at the end of the competition, most of the Dutch teams will be eliminated (e.g. handball, football, waterpolo).

I was scrolling through the schedule looking for our potential 'worst day' and I was actually surprised how many real medal chances there still are in the second week between track cycling, the field hockey finals, Sifan Hassan, Femke Bol and a variety of outside chances. Even the final sunday still has the men's keirin and Nouchka Fontijn (and women's football and handball if they're not eliminated).

It turns out day 9 (sunday) is the 'bad day' with barely any Dutch contenders. Marit Bouwmeester (Laser Radial) is the only Dutchwoman in competition for a medal that day. Other than that it's just preliminaries, quarters and semi's for us.

1 hour ago, Dnl said:

ISRAEL

this time we are very optimisitc about our chances so maybe

Day one-- TKD -49 Avishag Samberg could suprise everyone but small chances though

Day two-- Richter in 10M air riflie shooting he was very good last time i saw him,..

Day three -- if those days will not be our lucky days maybe Nelson Levy she will be the 7th ranked so just maybe..

and so on...' we actually have a nice delegation this time

Day 4 muki.  That's the one