website statistics

Table Tennis ITTF Team World Championships 2018

vinipereira

37 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Egypt lost to Germany 3-2 in the 1st match of Division 1 of world team championship , Omar Assar defeated Timo Boll 3-2 :cheer: , for sorry we don't have another good player with him 

wow amazing job by Omar ...... he is brillaint

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

I thought this year we have a good chance to advance to the 1st division with two players around 70th in world ranking but then I looked at the rosters. Denmark, Ukraine, even Kazakhstan have players lower than 50th place. :d good luck in 2020 in second devision

57 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I thought this year we have a good chance to advance to the 1st division with two players around 70th in world ranking but then I looked at the rosters. Denmark, Ukraine, even Kazakhstan have players lower than 50th place. :d good luck in 2020 in second devision

With Maze back on the team, we have pretty high hopes in Denmark!

China , Germany , Korea and surprisingly England have booked their places in Men's 1st division quarters , 8 teams will fight for another 4 spots in quarters :- 

1. :BRA vs. :CRO
  2. :JPN vs. :HKG
  3. :TPE vs. :SWE
  4. :AUT vs. :POR

While in women's side we already know quarters' matches and they'll be :- 

1. :CHN vs. :AUT
  2. :HKG vs. :ROU
  3. :KOR vs. :PRK
  4. :UKR vs. :JPN

1 hour ago, DaniSRB said:

what the hell ! How could this happen in the middle of an international competition ?

this is great if they want to have peace but can't they just start from somewhere else ? and not with this stupid unified team idea in sports competition ? they can have their unified team when they merge their countries into ONE. not now. I also heard they want to have a unified team for the Asian Games later this year ! :facepalm:

Notably, this is not the first time a unified Korean team has contested the ITTF Worlds.

The Korean Unification Flag that was on display in the Pyeongchang 2018 OC actually made its debut back in the 1991 ITTF Worlds, though they entered the competition as one team back then. The women's team beat China to win gold.