• Amin Mirzazadeh(Iran)
    • Iakob(Georgia)
    • Semenov(Russia)
    • Mantas (Lithuania)
    • Abdullaev (Uzbekistan)
    • Abdellatif Mohammad (Egypt)
    • Alin (Romania)
    • Elias (Finland)

As with most of these sports I have no idea because I don't really follow them and don't even know most of the names :p From these lists I've heard of Kayaalp, Nabi, Beleniuk and Lorinz :d (and maybe some others but I see only first names, so no idea who they are)

Weirdly it's one of the sports where I know the fewest amount of athletes, yet are the most interested in to watch, so I'm specifically waiting to see what our Iranian friend says about the chances :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Wait but when seeing Kayaalp, I should see Mijain Lopez, but one Oscar something is going for Cuba? No Lopez? :cry: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

41 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Yeah Oscar pino unless they had trials and changed it.

That's a shame, I was really looking forward to watching epic Lopez again :( 

as usual, the draw could make any prediction impossible...

however, my picks:

-87kg: :HUN :UKR :GER :CRO not necessarily in this order

-130kg: :TUR safe gold, then :RUS :CUB and someone not in the list (thinking mainly of :UKR, but not only)

side poll: no, we live in 2020s...people might be able to choose where they want to live, practice sport and the Country they feel more obliged to and they want to represent...

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Wait but when seeing Kayaalp, I should see Mijain Lopez, but one Oscar something is going for Cuba? No Lopez? :cry: 

of course it's Lopez in Tokyo. it was never supposed to be anybody else. (unless he gets injured) Oscar Pino was even training freestyle for the Olympics but when they registered him for the qualifiers, UWW told them he can't wrestle because technically he won the quota for Cuba in Greco-Roman (even if he is not going to use it) and one wrestler can't win two quotas.

in 87kg lots of better guys failed to qualify :RUS:TUR:ARM:IRI they all could be gold medal contender . among the qualified wrestlers I only see :UKR a head and shoulder above the rest. :BLR:HUN and :GEO are next best wrestlers to me.

of course in heavier weights lots of matches will finish 1-1 without anybody really scoring. luck will play a big factor here. :SRB qualified for the Olympics with this tactic of being passive intentionally in the first round just to receive the first caution, he may do that again in Tokyo. :GER is also a master of doing nothing and winning the matches on caution.

and for 130kg, I would say :CUB Lopez with no doubt but we didn't see him wrestling for a while and he is way heavier than 130kg. he has to cut weight which will take his energy, considering his age he is not unbeatable anymore. :TUR Kayaalp used to be much better but he looks really average and beatable nowadays. still I consider him the 2nd favorite. :RUS Semenov is clearly 3rd or maybe even 2nd ahead of Kayaalp. it's a bit hard to pick a 4th wrestler here, I believe that will be decided by someone 1-1 wins. but I had to pick one I would say :GEO