website statistics

Women's Rugby Sevens WR Final Olympic Games Qualification Tournament 2021

Totallympics

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Hopefully for the next games, they change the qualifiers, missing both Ireland and Spain is a shame.

How are the changes?

I like what our team did, i see an evolution than in other tournaments, the quote for Russia And Frances were secure before the tournament start.

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

This gives a pretty bad picture to the sport tbh. Last two qualifiers will be decided in incredibly one-sided matches. We are talking likely shutdowns in both matches.

And they replaced baseball/softball with this essentially. sad.

7 minutes ago, konig said:

How are the changes?

I like what our team did, i see an evolution than in other tournaments, the quote for Russia And Frances were secure before the tournament start.

I'd reduce the North American and the Oceania (or African) down to 1 and allow the 2 highest ranked unqualified teams from the World Series to compete.

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I'd reduce the North American and the Oceania (or African) down to 1 and allow the 2 highest ranked unqualified teams from the World Series to compete.

At that point, it’d be better to just take the 6 runner-ups from the continental tournaments and the two best non-qualified world tour teams.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela