website statistics

Archery WA Final Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Are you sure? Normally, Archery has separate rounds to determine additional quotas. 

Only for those placed 9th and below. For example, had only 6 NOC’s advanced to quarterfinals in men’s, then right now eligible eightfinal losers will be shooting for the last spot.

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

Only for those placed 9th and below. For example, had only 6 NOC’s advanced to quarterfinals in men’s, then right now eligible eightfinal losers will be shooting for the last spot.

Nope 7 NOCs advanced to quarterfinals in Men's. Only UKR was there twice, all others had only 1 archer each. I checked it, there will be a separate tournament after Women's Gold medal match. 

https://www.ianseo.net/TourData/2021/8757/SCHEDULE.pdf

Good stories all around for those who qualified . Even Greece was not expected but experience doing the trick . But 1 archer whose qualification made my day was Bishindee :MGL She deserved the quota from asian games. But she got it through a difficult route. Good work champ! 

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

So that mean 29 countries with :CHA and :BAN into Mixed Event

Tripartite for :ISV:MAW M and :CHA:BAN in W

Really expected Bangladesh for women's tripartite despite  Ruman Shana qualifying, it was Diya Siddiques suprising performance that catched the eyeballs in Lausane WC winning silver with Ruman Shana. That did the trick. 

Chad women were more than decent at world championships. 

World Archery was almost good with the qualifications except for the unneccesary reallocations of some quotas to world qualifier  

30 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Tripartite for :ISV:MAW M and :CHA:BAN in W

Yay! First quota for :ISV! I can finally update the National Thread :d

It’s unfortunate that D’Amour couldn’t get a quota through merit, but he is arguably the best USVI athlete at the moment (in my opinion), so I’m glad that he’ll get a chance to represent the USVI at the Olympic Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Fun fact about Evangelia Psarra, she has a 16 yo daughter named Maria who is the national champion in archery for her age group. Would be amazing if Maria can become Greece's next Olympian in archery. Maybe even in Paris?

There is also a son who is younger than Maria and both of them are archers. How incredible that this family is singlehandedly putting Greek archery on the map!

On 14/06/2021 at 16:25, Makedonas said:

Wow, incredible that we aren't sending anyone. We just sent a full team to the European qualifiers. Sad that Psarra isn't getting one last chance to make it to her sixth consecutive Olympics. She had only a very small chance anyways, but after this it seems like Greek archery is dead. This is the final nail in the coffin. A shame because I actually like the sport :cry:

Well I wasn't totally wrong here. Today it was revealed the reason why our archers weren't originally on the entry list.

Someone in the federation made an error and signed them up for the wrong event :facepalm:

This person has now resigned, but caused a lot of trouble to our archers who didn't know until a few hours before their flight whether or not they were going to be able to compete in Paris. And one of them ended up qualifying. Imagine if she didn't get the chance because some stupid lady who works for the federation (and probably never touched an archery bow in her entire life) accidentally registered them for a World Cup event instead of the World Olympic Qualifier. Such a careless and ignorant mistake.