website statistics

Archery WA Final Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

On 14/06/2021 at 12:29, intoronto said:

Wasn't there a rule a min. Number of countries has to compete? 

Correct...

"There must be a real competition meaning that if there are less member associations competing that there are places allocated the qualification status will be lost. To be explicit if there are less than five for the European Olympic Qualifier, less than four for the Pan-American Olympic Qualifier, less than two for the Oceania Olympic Qualifier. This criteria will overrule the calculated number below. "

"In case the validity criteria cannot be met, then the result of the last held Continental Championships will be used. If these results are not allowing to fill in the places, they will be added to the individual places of the FQT."

The last Oceania championship was in 2018 so the men's quota would go to Fiji and the women's quota would go to Australia.

Of course, World Archery completely ignored its qualification rule when it denied Mongolia, the mixed team quota that North Korea released so I have no idea what they are going to do. Additionally, New Zealand just denied its men's quota and it should have gone to Fiji, but they have also confirmed it will go to the FIQT (so 4 men and 2 women quotas are currently available plus whatever extra comes from the team events).

On 14/06/2021 at 14:29, intoronto said:

Wasn't there a rule a min. Number of countries has to compete? 

Indeed

Check validity criteria at page 11 of the Qualification document

it clearly states that at least 2 Oceania NOC’s must compete in FQT for a continental quota to be awarded.

Then as per same qualification document, results from last Oceania Championships should be used

On 14/06/2021 at 15:33, dcro said:

:ISV Anne Abernathy is the only female Tripartite athlete. I have a feeling she'll get an invite. :d

And she damn right should, considering some athletes who already got selected (Matvei Petrov and such).

I hope not she really sucks at this sport.

Better leave in case D’Amour nerves fail again.

2 hours ago, Scorpion said:

I see GKORILA Anatoli Martha and PSARRA Evangelia into entry list

You are right, thank you. I didn't see them originally but I guess that wasn't the final entry list.

Would be incredible if Psarra could make it to her sixth Olympics. Only two Greeks have ever made it to six Olympics, and none have been in more than six (though I think Anna Korakaki in shooting will break that record one day)

9 minutes ago, rybak said:

Which countries are favourites to take individual quotas?

:ISV plus every European country competing. I’d say :RUS, :SUI & :UKR may have an edge, but it all will depend on the individual draw.

11 hours ago, rybak said:

Ok, thanks, I just wanted to know if :POL may have real chances for quota here or for the first time ever we will not compete in archery at Olympics.

Highly possible. After the team events 3 quotas each may  open up so 7M + 8W. 

But oh well do you want to wait till Monday for individual qualification? 

Your Men's Team lost in quarters to Eventual silver medallist in European Champs . In Pre quarters they exhibited one of the most consistent  performance to beat France 6-0 . The women's team lost 4-5 to Italy in a tiebreak ,though Italy won't qualify I believe. 

So basically even team and individual  event you have chance  . Kazakshthan were at 1/100 chance to qualify  at world championships but beat USA to qualify for Tokyo   in Men's Team. You know archery is quite unpredictable