website statistics

Wrestling Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

China media said the qualifiers would replace to India, do you have any source to confirm?

No. not yet but that will be a great news.

but are you sure this is just not a mistake because India is going to host the "Asian Championships" in few weeks ? hopefully this is not just a mistake

19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

No. not yet but that will be a great news.

but are you sure this is just not a mistake because India is going to host the "Asian Championships" in few weeks ? hopefully this is not just a mistake

Seems I mistaken the Asian Championships from the qualifiers. China media worries if the team will make the trip to India because of the coronavirus issue.

Just now, Vic Liu said:

Seems I mistaken the Asian Championships from the qualifiers. China media worries if the team will make the trip to India because of the coronavirus issue.

oh yes. that was too good to be true :d

participating at the Asian Championship is mandatory to be eligible to participate at the Olympic qualifiers, which means if China misses that event, technically they won't be allowed to wrestle at the Asian Olympic qualifier, but I think UWW will consider the situation even if Chinese wrestlers don't make it to India

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

oh yes. that was too good to be true :d

participating at the Asian Championship is mandatory to be eligible to participate at the Olympic qualifiers, which means if China misses that event, technically they won't be allowed to wrestle at the Asian Olympic qualifier, but I think UWW will consider the situation even if Chinese wrestlers don't make it to India

Yeah, I imagine they'll make an exception. Just like they did with Oceania athletes after the Oceania Championships were cancelled.

4 hours ago, bestmen said:

The African champ is running now  in Algiers , i dont know if it is qualifying event 

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/event/african-championships-3?tab=results&weight-category=b9dad0fb-4664-11ea-9d73-020f14733af0

It's not qualifying there's another tournament will be held in Morocco next month which will be qualifying to Olympics 

• 2 weeks later...