website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics PAGU American Championships 2021

24 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

She's really tired. Another bad performance in ball. No medals for Rut so far.

Indeed.

Probably she gave it all on Friday & Saturday, and today she’s just phisically incapable of achieving the same which of course affects her mentality.

Let’s hope she can rest enough to do a good preparation and try to get as close to her scores from this weekend at the Olympics

4 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Indeed.

Probably she gave it all on Friday & Saturday, and today she’s just phisically incapable of achieving the same which of course affects her mentality.

Let’s hope she can rest enough to do a good preparation and try to get as close to her scores from this weekend at the Olympics

Yes, she was really tired. Now she needs to focus on her preparation for the Olympics and no matter what happens there, she will be part of history forever.

It was a long day with tons of inquiries and an overall sluggish performance by the judges, partially because of those very same inquiries. The judging panel seemed to be completely lost sometimes and most of the inquiries were accepted. Judging rhythmic gymnastics is one of the most stressful activities one could volunteer to do, but at the same time I wonder if it's not time to completely ban judges from the same continent from judging a continental competition.

Now, about the Olympic qualification system, it was a total mess. There a lots of complaints about which judges were attributed to each function, since the D3 panel is one that could completely change the outcome of a competition depending on who is judging. I won't get into details, but there are Brazilians accusing Mexico of manipulating scores in individual competition, and there are Mexicans accusing Brazil of manipulating scores in the group competition. In special, one of the accounts I follow on Twitter is a battlefield right now with tons of nasty comments, and this really makes me sad because, in all honesty, people should be celebrating Rut Castillo's achievement instead of exchanging accusations. I'm super happy for her, she was superb, she didn't have a single bad moment during qualifications and she deserved the Olympic qualification. It was the performance of a lifetime, yet people seem to be ignoring that.

Anyway, I want to wrap it up by congratulating Sol Fainberg too for two medals today. The last medal earned by Argentina was 20 years ago, so Sol made history here and she deserves to be praised and remembered too.

@mrv86and my Mexican friends here, congratulations for the historic achievement and the best of luck in Tokyo. If Rut finishes 22nd or better, she will have the best performance of a Latin American gymnast in the history of the Olympic Games and I'll be cheering for her.

1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:

Yes, she was really tired. Now she needs to focus on her preparation for the Olympics and no matter what happens there, she will be part of history forever.

It was a long day with tons of inquiries and an overall sluggish performance by the judges, partially because of those very same inquiries. The judging panel seemed to be completely lost sometimes and most of the inquiries were accepted. Judging rhythmic gymnastics is one of the most stressful activities one could volunteer to do, but at the same time I wonder if it's not time to completely ban judges from the same continent from judging a continental competition.

Now, about the Olympic qualification system, it was a total mess. There a lots of complaints about which judges were attributed to each function, since the D3 panel is one that could completely change the outcome of a competition depending on who is judging. I won't get into details, but there are Brazilians accusing Mexico of manipulating scores in individual competition, and there are Mexicans accusing Brazil of manipulating scores in the group competition. In special, one of the accounts I follow on Twitter is a battlefield right now with tons of nasty comments, and this really makes me sad because, in all honesty, people should be celebrating Rut Castillo's achievement instead of exchanging accusations. I'm super happy for her, she was superb, she didn't have a single bad moment during qualifications and she deserved the Olympic qualification. It was the performance of a lifetime, yet people seem to be ignoring that.

Is there really that much fandom and drama for a relatively low level competition of a fringe sport? lol

1 hour ago, LDOG said:

Is there really that much fandom and drama for a relatively low level competition of a fringe sport? lol

You have no idea.

Spaniards, in special, love the drama. Most of them sided with the Mexicans and took their sweet time to complain about everything. They are very active on Twitter on normal days, but combine the Euro Champs and the Pan Ams on the same weekend and you have tons of attention and a feast for drama queens.

5 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Anyway, I want to wrap it up by congratulating Sol Fainberg too for two medals today. The last medal earned by Argentina was 20 years ago, so Sol made history here and she deserves to be praised and remembered too.

@mrv86and my Mexican friends here, congratulations for the historic achievement and the best of luck in Tokyo. If Rut finishes 22nd or better, she will have the best performance of a Latin American gymnast in the history of the Olympic Games and I'll be cheering for her.

Lindo demais!!! I love your objectivity and your passion for the Gymnastics!!!