website statistics

Rhythmic Gymnastics PAGU American Championships 2021

Rut Castillo scored 23.050 in the hoop. Her previous international scores with this apparatus this year were 21.700 and 18.400. That's a 1.35 increase in her previous best score. She scored 23.650 in the ball. Her previous scores this year were 18.650 and 14.850. That's a 5 point increase compared to her previous best score and almost TEN points more than her other score this year. This is... wow. I'm speechless!

12 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Rut Castillo scored 23.050 in the hoop. Her previous international scores with this apparatus this year were 21.700 and 18.400. That's a 1.35 increase in her previous best score. She scored 23.650 in the ball. Her previous scores this year were 18.650 and 14.850. That's a 5 point increase compared to her previous best score and almost TEN points more than her other score this year. This is... wow. I'm speechless!

I'm speechless as well. She's probably the most veteran rhythmic gymnast around in the World.

I can't pronounce abouth the D scores, but I watched both of her exercises, and she didn't made a major mistake, so I think a note around 20-20.5 in both apparatus could be expected, but not those 23+ scores.

Still, tomorrow it will be her against Guadio & Domingos for the quota. Everyone else has no longer a real chance.

Wait, what? Mexico only 0.150 ahead of Brazil?

Everything smells fishy to me. Sky high scores for a Mexican girl in the individual competition and an astonishingly low score for the Mexican group. Hmmm... I wonder what happened behind closed doors at PAGU before this event took place, seriously.

16 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Wait, what? Mexico only 0.150 ahead of Brazil?

Everything smells fishy to me. Sky high scores for a Mexican girl in the individual competition and an astonishingly low score for the Mexican group. Hmmm... I wonder what happened behind closed doors at PAGU before this event took place, seriously.

Indeed a little fishy result... Brazilians should have ended slightly above the US girls due to that last mistake, not that close to the Mexicans

As for the individual, I think Domingos was closer to Ruth than notes reflect.

10 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Indeed a little fishy result... Brazilians should have ended slightly above the US girls due to that last mistake, not that close to the Mexicans

As for the individual, I think Domingos was closer to Ruth than notes reflect.

Brazil has 1 point more than Mexico in difficulty. What made me suspicious was actually Mexico's execution score. No major mistakes, although the rhythm of the routine leaves to be desired, and maybe the judges deducted heavily from lack of dynamism compared to the Brazilian routine. The US, for example, has a routine that is not pleasant from an artistic perspective, but they try to speed it up and the score was high because of that. Maybe Mexico's execution score was affected because of that.

Also, one of my friends who is a judge told me that most exchanges and collaborations in Mexico's routines follow the same criteria. Criteria is a term that is hard to explain. It has to do with the body positions in which the apparatus is thrown and then caught again. To put it in a simple manner, gymnasts have to throw the apparatus in a varied number of ways, and recover in different positions. Mexico performs basically the same criteria over and over again, if I understand correctly, and also maybe this affected the score compared to Brazil's score.

Anyway, now I'm completely lost about who will qualify. My brain wants Brazil to get both quotas, but my heart wants Mexico to get one quota and Brazil to get the other one. I don't know which one is right. LOL.

11 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Great routine for Domingos in clubs... only two really tiny inacurracies

Gaudio with two very noticeable mistakes and some other minor ones, should have a hell of a ribbon to tale the quota.

Gáudio is completely out of contention by now.

Bárbara's best event is ribbon, so it's now between Rut and Bárbara.