website statistics

Karate WKF Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, intoronto said:

He claims because his wife couldn't be his coach in Iran is why they "ran away"

oh wow what a justified reason to be a refugee.  :lol: he wanted his lovely wife to be his coach.

well just for info, in Iran traditionally we have a national team coach in all sports. nobody brings his own personal coach to the competition.

and btw that's a lie, his wife is not a serious coach. she was a 2nd tier athlete at best. but who cares IOC buys these lies .

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

oh wow what a justified reason to be a refugee.  :lol: he wanted his lovely wife to be his coach.

well just for info, in Iran traditionally we have a national team coach in all sports. nobody brings his own personal coach to the competition.

and btw that's a lie, his wife is not a serious coach. she was a 2nd tier athlete at best. but who cares IOC buys these lies .

That is interesting, as Turkey we also have these kind of excuses for not being reguees but not being successful. I wonder does it ever happen in Germany or France that a sportsman or sportswoman say they are not successfull/happy because their spouse are not their coach :)  

4 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

tbh the no. of Iranian athletes leaving Iran is not anyhow good for Iranian Sport , i fear that Iran could become like Cuba with many talents living abroad and representing other countries 

yeah that's what concerns me. I really don't care about these athletes . they are mostly "leftovers" only 2 or 3 of them (Mollaei, Beigi in Taekwondo) still would make the Iranian squad. but the genie is out of the box

15-20 years ago it was a very bad thing to go represent somewhere else. that was a taboo, nobody would dare doing that. but then when it started to happen. it's not a very bad thing anymore. some people (who are upset with the regime here) even go to their social media supporting them for doing that.

in past so many athletes used to live abroad for different reasons but still came to compete for Iran during the competitions. it's the opposite now. we have people living in Iran but represent Azerbaijan for example!

btw there is simply one major reason for that. financial situation. people in Iran suffered big big time in past 4-5 years. amateur athletes too, you never see someone in football, volleyball or basketball asking to be a refugee, they are getting paid well. but what's really sad is that they are lying to get what they want. and lying big time. stupid funny lies sometimes. and since the Iranian regime is notorious (and they should be) people in west simply buy these stupid lies. believe me when they speak to Persian media they say something else. something like I was good enough to make the national team but coach was mean to me, they never gave me a chance to compete blah blah. these kind of reasons will never make you a refugee. but hey IOC buys it and I somehow think IOC knows they are lying. but blaming Iran is the easiest thing nowadays. that makes you a "human right" activist. western media praises you for that.

this is political from IOC to let these number of Iranians participate as part of the refugee team. when you hear the word "refugee" someone who had a tough life and suffered a lot comes to mind . hell no. Alizadeh was living like a queen here. (she received financial support more than any other amateur athlete in history of Iran)

but yes the future doesn't look good. doesn't look good at all. I mean in every aspects :( and sport is just one of them.

15 minutes ago, merlinsbeard said:

That is interesting, as Turkey we also have these kind of excuses for not being reguees but not being successful. I wonder does it ever happen in Germany or France that a sportsman or sportswoman say they are not successfull/happy because their spouse are not their coach :)  

:d yeah people want to live "easier" with their family around but that's not really his reason to leave Iran. that was probably the only stupid thing came to his mind. that was more of a joke. I'm quite sure he doesn't even believe his wife is a worthy coach.

btw congrats to "almost" two quotas today. Turkey is heading to have a full team of 8 athletes in Karate. which will be super amazing considering the small number of quotas we have in this sport.

just for the record

:TUR Samdan and :HUN Tadissi made it to the final round. we will have two more after the repechage

Wow, I knew that there was a chance, but I still didn't anticipate Tadissi going this far because it looked crazy competitive. This must be our big chance to have a Hungarian quota in karate, I hope he will qualify now. 

25 minutes ago, MHSN said:

yeah that's what concerns me. I really don't care about these athletes . they are mostly "leftovers" only 2 or 3 of them (Mollaei, Beigi in Taekwondo) still would make the Iranian squad. but the genie is out of the box

15-20 years ago it was a very bad thing to go represent somewhere else. that was a taboo, nobody would dare doing that. but then when it started to happen. it's not a very bad thing anymore. some people (who are upset with the regime here) even go to their social media supporting them for doing that.

in past so many athletes used to live abroad for different reasons but still came to compete for Iran during the competitions. it's the opposite now. we have people living in Iran but represent Azerbaijan for example!

btw there is simply one major reason for that. financial situation. people in Iran suffered big big time in past 4-5 years. amateur athletes too, you never see someone in football, volleyball or basketball asking to be a refugee, they are getting paid well. but what's really sad is that they are lying to get what they want. and lying big time. stupid funny lies sometimes. and since the Iranian regime is notorious (and they should be) people in west simply buy these stupid lies. believe me when they speak to Persian media they say something else. something like I was good enough to make the national team but coach was mean to me, they never gave me a chance to compete blah blah. these kind of reasons will never make you a refugee. but hey IOC buys it and I somehow think IOC knows they are lying. but blaming Iran is the easiest thing nowadays. that makes you a "human right" activist. western media praises you for that.

this is political from IOC to let these number of Iranians participate as part of the refugee team. when you hear the word "refugee" someone who had a tough life and suffered a lot comes to mind . hell no. Alizadeh was living like a queen here. (she received financial support more than any other amateur athlete in history of Iran)

but yes the future doesn't look good. doesn't look good at all. I mean in every aspects :( and sport is just one of them.

Sorry to hear that. What reason do you think cauesd economy recession of Iran? Mainly because external reasons like US sanction/exchange rate/oil price or internal political reasons?

2 minutes ago, Vektor said:

How does the final pool work? Will they bring their previous matches with them (for example, :TUR and :HUN starting with 1-0, while the two rep winners with 0-1), or will everyone have 0 wins and 0 losses? 

they will start from zero. the only sure thing is that HUN and TUR will play the last match of the group.

8 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Sorry to hear that. What reason do you think cauesd economy recession of Iran? Mainly because external reasons like US sanction/exchange rate/oil price or internal political reasons?

oh well. lots of reasons for that. the economy is sick in Iran. it never gets better. it's just about not getting worse.

but these 4-5 years were 10 times worse because of the sanctions. just to give you a simple idea. 4 years ago 1 dollar = 40,000 Rials. now it's 230,000 Rials. (that was 300,000 last year) you can imagine how that affected price of everything here. and coronavirus also was the last nail to the coffin.

most people prefer to take their money and invest somewhere else. in Turkey, in Iraq, in Canada. that means less jobs

and there are internal reasons of course, the corruption, the IRGC taking over of everything in economy, poor management. but again they all got worst because of the sanctions. when you can't deal with the world, somebody will take benefit of that. the corruption grows.

and there is no light at the end of the tunnel , things will get much worse after the election in few days.