Karate WKF Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

Yuldashev's elimination completed the list for continental quotas

Oceania: :AUS Yahiro (75kg - Rank 22)

Africa: :EGY Abdelaziz (75kg - Rank 8)

America: :USA Irr (+75kg - Rank 16)

Asia: :KAZ Yuldashev (+75kg - Rank 8)

Europe: :LAT Kalnins (67kg - Rank 14)

Africa last quota: :MAR El Hakimi (Kata - Rank 17)

that means 1 wild card in Kata and 1 in 67kg will be available.

the following countries are eligible for WC

Kata: :KUW

67kg: :MKD:MNE:KUW

wtf, third quota chance for us? I knew that we can have one chance here, but three in this competitive field with so few Olympic spots? 

I guess we will likely end with one quota, but I must say that the Hungarian men did a great job at this tournament. 

3 hours ago, phelps said:

for sure at the Olympics there's no team event (which exists in Karate, but only at World and Continental champs)...

I guess someone messed things up...:rolleyes:

So then what was the team event about people were posting about here last night? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

these 4 girls will fight for 3 quotas in women's +61kg

:ITA Semeraro

:EGY Abdelaziz

:SUI Quirici

:CAN Bratic

ITA and EGY are already qualified even if they fail here. but this is very important for Brazil and Kumizaki. if both of them qualify. that last Pan-Am continental quota will go to Dominican Republic in Kata.

Not sure what to think of Canada's chances in the round robin. We do like to finish fourth, but this is the last sport where we aren't guaranteed to qualify someone (we are guaranteed to qualify someone in golf, judo, tennis and triathlon via rankings) so it would be wonderful if one of them manages it.

33 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So then what was the team event about people were posting about here last night? :d 

no team event...they were just talking of the finals of the individual events naming only the Nations of the athletes involved instead of writing their actual names (sometimes very complicated to remember while writing quickly)...;)