website statistics

Karate WKF Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I'm afraid there is no chance for him. Continental places will be decided based on European Games results and the Latvian guy in the same weight who won the EG is the first in line for the European Continental quota.

Oh:( then i hope there is a good chance tomorrow for Hárspataki in 75kg…if not qualify, he was the best non-qualified at the European Games 

55 minutes ago, Xanderxx said:

Oh:( then i hope there is a good chance tomorrow for Hárspataki in 75kg…if not qualify, he was the best non-qualified at the European Games 

actually only 1 quota in general is available for European Games medalists. not 1 per event. he has to finish in top 3 to qualify. no chance for the continental quota.

9 minutes ago, rybak said:

Is there any chance for Banaszczyk to be qualified by ranking, anybody know?

no, not at all, only the best ranked "European Games Gold medalist" will take the lone European quota.  Banaszczyk didn't medal there.

she will go only if one of those 3 athletes above her gets injured. very unlikely in this sport.

22 minutes ago, MHSN said:

no, not at all, only the best ranked "European Games Gold medalist" will take the lone European quota.  Banaszczyk didn't medal there.

she will go only if one of those 3 athletes above her gets injured. very unlikely in this sport.

Ok, thanks.

Thats sad that World Champion will not go to Olympics, but thats sport. Its true that its more difficult to qualify to Olympics than later take the medal....

50 minutes ago, rybak said:

Ok, thanks.

Thats sad that World Champion will not go to Olympics, but thats sport. Its true that its more difficult to qualify to Olympics than later take the medal....

I hope I am not saying this for Eleni Chatziliadou this weekend but I have a bad feeling :cry:

6 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

I hope I am not saying this for Eleni Chatziliadou this weekend but I have a bad feeling :cry:

Good luck to her. In our case, its just another, typical at those qualifications, lose of quota in last possible moment... Thanks God qualifications are approaching to end, I cant handle with that anymore.

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

so here are the 4 athletes that made it to to Round Robin in Men's Kata :- 

• :USA Torres Gutierrez 
  • :TPE Wang Yi Ta 
  • :IRI Shahrjerdi Abolfazl 
  • :KOR Park Heejun

huge surprise for me. I thought we are very weak in men's Kata :d

hopefully it won't be another disappointing 4th finish. last night refs were too kind toward European athletes. the good thing is there is no European this time :p