website statistics

Karate WKF Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

sad to be said, but this farce is the perfect end of a crazy, completely wrong and messed up qualification procedure...

WKF did everything to justify their exclusion just after the Tokyo Olympics...

they wanted Kata in, sacrifying 2 weight classes for each gender in Kumite, they accepted to have only an odd number of athletes per event (10) when normally we have more than 100 competitors in each class at the world champs, they put on a shameful and not understandable (and even prone to manipulation) qualification system, they chose the more than controversial round robin system for the final phase of the one and only global qualification tournament and finally, this one...:facepalm: :wall: :hairpull:

with all the love I feel for the sport, this is just unacceptable and they deserve to be kicked out from the next Games...:pope:

I truly hope they would eventually understand all of their mistakes and find the way to comeback with a better and fair product in the future, but I fear that's almost impossible with such kind of officials running the WKF...

right now, I'm excited for the opportunity to watch the Olympic tournament, but at the same time I'm really sad for the poor management of all this and the consequential lack of perspective in the next future...:cry: 

7 hours ago, MHSN said:

Yuldashev's elimination completed the list for continental quotas

Oceania: :AUS Yahiro (75kg - Rank 22)

Africa: :EGY Abdelaziz (75kg - Rank 8)

America: :USA Irr (+75kg - Rank 16)

Asia: :KAZ Yuldashev (+75kg - Rank 8)

Europe: :LAT Kalnins (67kg - Rank 14)

Africa last quota: :MAR El Hakimi (Kata - Rank 17)

that means 1 wild card in Kata and 1 in 67kg will be available.

the following countries are eligible for WC

Kata: :KUW

67kg: :MKD:MNE:KUW

who are the womens ?