website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

26 minutes ago, phelps said:

I agree...the qualification process has good principles, but really messy development...

however, more than a question of qualification (if ITA are going to have 1 weightlifter at the Games, that's Pizzolato), I was happy to see that some of his potential rivals in this period are not growing too fast and more than our guy (the Bulgarian more than the Armenian, who likely is not going to start in Tokyo, as ARM only have 1 quota because of doping sanctions and almost certainly they're going to use it for Martyrosian)...

Italy Will go with 3 weighlifter. Zanni, Pizzolato, and Bordignon.

Hi, one question about iranian squad - do you know why in the 109 weight is still Mousavijarahi better then Hashemi in the current ranking? His best is ridiculous with just 368 kg? 

I am not sure welle understand the choice of the competitor by the country but my simulation in this body weight is 

1. RUS Naniev

2. LAT Plasnieks

3. IRI Mousavijarahi

4. KOR Jin

5. VEN Gonzalez Barrios

6. UKR Zaitsev

7. POL Michalski

8. TKM Ovezov

What do you think about this? 

10 minutes ago, Runfixe said:

Hi, one question about iranian squad - do you know why in the 109 weight is still Mousavijarahi better then Hashemi in the current ranking? His best is ridiculous with just 368 kg? 

I am not sure welle understand the choice of the competitor by the country but my simulation in this body weight is 

1. RUS Naniev

2. LAT Plasnieks

3. IRI Mousavijarahi

4. KOR Jin

5. VEN Gonzalez Barrios

6. UKR Zaitsev

7. POL Michalski

8. TKM Ovezov

What do you think about this? 

Mousavi is a 96kg weightlifter, he is listed at 109kg only because he participated once in that weight. he is ranked higher than Ali Hashemi only because he participated in more events, Hashemi will surpass him today in Fajr Cup (unless he bombs out) and beside that Mousavi has no plan to qualify for the Olympics in this weight, that's the problem with the qualification rules, you can qualify in another weight (than your normal weight competition) only if you participate in that weight twice, and you don't even need a total result for that. even just "no show" twice will be enough to make you eligible. for example if Mousavi participates once more at 96kg (which is his own weight) with a good result and then just registers for 109kg for another event (and not show up) he can qualify at 109kg !! which is totally unfair.

beside that even Ali Hashemi is not supposed to go to the Olympics. Iran's plan is to qualify at 96kg and +109kg. Hashemi is plan B in case Moradi (or Rostami) doesn't make it at 96kg.

and I don't know why you didn't consider Martirosyan and Aramnau, both ARM and BLR has 1 quota and I think they both will use it in this weight.

beside that since yesterday IWF removed some results from some athletes. I think it's just a software mistake, for example Akbar Djuraev (UZB) will be high in the ranking when they fix the issue. you better check the ranking again when they fixed it.

and MIchalski has a very good chance to qualify,  yes his current ranking doesn't look good but only because he participated in "less events" with one more normal result he will climb the ranking into top 8. so I guess it will be

Martirosyan (ARM), Aramnau (BLR), Chumak (UKR), Michalski (POL), Djuraev (UZB), Plesnieks (LAT), Jeong (KOR) and maybe Naniev (RUS).

I said maybe because Russia also has just 1 quota.

Il y a 3 heures, MHSN a dit :

and I don't know why you didn't consider Martirosyan and Aramnau, both ARM and BLR has 1 quota and I think they both will use it in this weight.

Still ARM and BLR have got juste one quota place, in teh overall ranking there are other compatriots with the the better ranking places - LIKHARAD Vadzim BLR in the -73 and MINASYAN Gor ARM in +109. 

For me is not clear if the country CAN choose who will go to Tokyo or the better one fro, the overall ranking will participate? It will be really confused if every country choose et the same time.

4 minutes ago, Runfixe said:

Still ARM and BLR have got juste one quota place, in teh overall ranking there are other compatriots with the the better ranking places - LIKHARAD Vadzim BLR in the -73 and MINASYAN Gor ARM in +109. 

For me is not clear if the country CAN choose who will go to Tokyo or the better one fro, the overall ranking will participate? It will be really confused if every country choose et the same time.

I think a country can choose who send to Olympics among the qualified athletes, no matter who is better placed in ranking.Likharad is suspended, probably caught on doping. 

Edited by Andry84

15 minutes ago, Runfixe said:

per rules if they qualify more in different weights they can pick whoever they want

In the case an NOC has qualified more eligible athletes than the maximum number as per this Qualification System, or quotawas withdrawn from the Member Federation/NOC, the NOC shall select the eligible athletes for medal events. The quota slots are non-transferable

but still you forgot something, Aramnau and Martirosyan are lower only because 3 of their results are counted, for the rest its 4. when they have their 4th result they will climb the ranking, and Martirosyan just finished his competition 10 minutes ago in Fajr Cup in Iran (with a mediocre result at +109kg but still good enough). next time they update the ranking Martirosyan will be ahead of Minasyan (who also participated in Fajr Cup but didn't lift anything)

btw IWF fixed that issue with results. their ranking is correct now

Edited by MHSN

2 minutes ago, Runfixe said:

Thank you, this ranking is such unclear that not easy to understand well. 

I've forgotten Likharad though saw it last week.

Can we find somewhere the Fajr Cup results? Last year it was not easy, as i remember

oh yes it's really hard to analyze, you have to consider so many things

I can't give you a link to complete results. there is no such a thing as far as I know, but I watched most of the competition, if you want to know about certain athletes , I probably can tell you the results. I posted the startlist in previous page