website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

14 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

I don't think, given the 2 lifter limit, that it's automatic UKR take the spot, and COL's team ban request has come in, I believe...

according to our Ukrainian friend @Illya here that they will pick this weight.

"In the absence of a Continental Quota Place (Africa), the further decision will be announced later."

I am getting the feeling we aren't getting this quota... If it would be as clear as a reallocation to the highest ranked athlete, they would have probably already announced it. 

11 minutes ago, Vektor said:

"In the absence of a Continental Quota Place (Africa), the further decision will be announced later."

I am getting the feeling we aren't getting this quota... If it would be as clear as a reallocation to the highest ranked athlete, they would have probably already announced it. 

to me that's very clear but you never can be sure about anything with these rules

1) Reallocation of quota place from World Points Any available quota place from World Points will be reallocated to the highest ranked athlete according to the latest, updated Absolute Ranking (World Points) if eligible according to the Qualification System, whose NOC is not yet qualified in the bodyweight category; subject to the maximum quota per NOC.

2) Reallocation of quota place from Continental PointsAny available quota place from Continental Points will be reallocated to the highest ranked athlete  from  the  same  Continent  according  to  the  latest,  updated  Absolute  Ranking (Continental Points) if eligible according to the Qualification System, whose NOC is not yet qualified in the bodyweight category; subject to the maximum quota per NOC. In  case  there  is  no  eligible  athlete  from  the  same  Continent,  the quota  place  shall  be reallocated according to the Reallocation of quota place from World Points.

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

to me that's very clear but you never can be sure about anything with these rules

If it's that obviously stated in the qualification system, I am not sure what they are waiting for. I sure hope that Nagy and the other athletes won't have to wait until July for the reallocations to be announced.