website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

6 hours ago, Griff88 said:

It will be Triyatno in 67, Deni is removed from the Olympic preparation team because he refused to follow the rules of the national team (apparently he wanted to bring his family to live in the national training center :noshake: )

that's extremely weird ! :yikes:

but that's a bad news for :KOR Han (and also Jeremy), because Triyatno will grab the Asian quota.

assuming PRK really withdraws, GEO will be in top 8 now, the European quota goes to :GER Brandhuber but he is also eligible for 61kg, if he picks 61kg, :ESP Hernandez will qualify

24 minutes ago, MHSN said:

but that's a bad news for :KOR Han (and also Jeremy), because Triyatno will grab the Asian quota.

assuming PRK really withdraws, GEO will be in top 8 now, the European quota goes to :GER Brandhuber but he is also eligible for 61kg, if he picks 61kg, :ESP Hernandez will qualify

Also, I think it will put :MEX in top 8 and :GUA will take the Pan-Am quota.

7 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Also, I think it will put :MEX in top 8 and :GUA will take the Pan-Am quota.

not yet but yes that's possible

if we remove PRK, Mexico is still 9th (behind :CHN:UZB:COL:TUR:ITA:JPN:FRA:GEO). but he can be in top 8 if Colombia gets suspended or if Japan decides to send someone else or even if any of these guys get injured which is always possible in this sport.

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

not yet but yes that's possible

if we remove PRK, Mexico is still 9th (behind :CHN:UZB:COL:TUR:ITA:JPN:FRA:GEO). but he can be in top 8 if Colombia gets suspended or if Japan decides to send someone else or even if any of these guys get injured which is always possible in this sport.

My assumption was COL getting suspended. 

2 minutes ago, Dolby said:

My assumption was COL getting suspended. 

I think this is becoming more and more unlikely. all of their 3 weightlifters received the original suspension but it seems Colombia WL federation is making the process longer intentionally by bringing it to CAS.

it's a lengthy process, even Vietnam and Romania are not banned yet. (despite having 3 official suspensions) Colombia is hoping to receive that 1 year ban after Tokyo.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

The story is very bizarre.... Be prepared...

The reason Deni was so adamant to bring his family because he claimed that only his wife know what kind food he need daily. The food from his wife is deemed too much by the nutritionist and it caused an issue. After a negotiation, he finally rented an apartment for his family and follow the nutrition program like other athletes... but now he doesn't want to stay in the national training center :facepalm:Also the federation found out that he also worked part time as a personal trainer, thus making him often not giving 100% during training. He said that he did that because he was having a financial difficulties, which was very likely true because he is the only guy in the national center who doesn't get monthly allowance from the government civil servant program. Why? Despite he won gold in 2017 SEA Games, he is not admitted as a civil servant because his ex-wife appeared in national TV and said that he is having an affair with a woman who is now his current wife! :wacko:

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

The story is very bizarre.... Be prepared...

The reason Deni was so adamant to bring his family because he claimed that only his wife know what kind food he need daily. The food from his wife is deemed too much by the nutritionist and it caused an issue. After a negotiation, he finally rented an apartment for his family and follow the nutrition program like other athletes... but now he doesn't want to stay in the national training center :facepalm:Also the federation found out that he also worked part time as a personal trainer, thus making him often not giving 100% during training. He said that he did that because he was having a financial difficulties, which was very likely true because he is the only guy in the national center who doesn't get monthly allowance from the government civil servant program. Why? Despite he won gold in 2017 SEA Games, he is not admitted as a civil servant because his ex-wife appeared in national TV and said that he is having an affair with a woman who is now his current wife! :wacko:

So, basically Han (or Jeremy) would miss out on Olympics because Deni had an affair. 

IWF Ranking website is not working tonight, so I can't calculate the changes in the ranking. I don't even know the ranking :d

but here are the important results of tonight, I mean those who are still in race to qualify

Men's 73kg

:VEN Mayora - 330kg

:GER Lang - 328kg

:MEX Cardenas - 317kg

Mayora was safe and Cardenas was probably out of the race. not sure how many points Max Lang is going to gain from here.

Men's 81kg

:CHI Mendez - 335kg

:JPN Kasai - 320kg

I highly doubt these results make a difference for them. Mendez was in good situation (almost safe) and Kasai with these poor results won't be selected for the Japanese team. if Japan doesn't pick Kasai, (as far as I remember ) there was nobody else from Asia to take that Asian quota !

Women's 55kg

:MEX Lopez - 195kg

:ESP Hernandez - 188kg

:VEN Rodriguez - 187kg

:BEL Sterckx - no mark

Women's 59kg

:MEX Gomez - 220kg

:VEN Figueroa - 216kg

:ECU Escobar - 216kg

I have no idea about the women's ranking in both weights. just posted some top non-Colombian results!

OK the website is up and running. only minor change for 73kg ranking.

lots of guys in this weight will participate at the World Juniors, but looking at the points gap these guys are 100% safe now

:USA Cummings (Top 8)

:VEN Mayora (Top 8)

:ALB Calja (Top 8)

:TUN Ben Hnia (Top 8)

:MEX Cardenas (Pan America)

:AUS Wakeling (Oceania)

:MAR Moum (Africa)

I believe these guys will be there too

:CHN Shi

:BUL Andreev

:JPN Miyamoto

:KOR Won

Sanchez (ESP) is correctly 10th and the best ranked European but Martin Rubu (MDA) can take his place after the World Juniors

if PRK withdraws and the ranking doesn't change Won will be in Top 8 and that opens the door for Abdullah (INA) and Meredov (TKM) for the Asian quota. both of them will participate at the Juniors Worlds