website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

Just now, MHSN said:

@Illya and @Benolympique I will calculate each weight at the end of the Asian and Pan American Championships in that specific weight. but my priority is the men's weightlifting. but I will get into women's whenever I have some extra time. maybe tonight or tomorrow but I will do that for sure.

especially the categories where there is France !! ^^

29 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

So this means Jeremy doesn't qualify, unless Han finishes in top 8. Our coach was so confident of his qualification despite finishing 8th. He claimed he had calculated robi points as well

if you read the post below yourself @LowerSaxony has a different way to read the rules. but assuming I was correct (which I'm not sure anymore) that's true yes. Jeremy qualifies only if the Korean gets into the top 8 OR South Korea simply doesn't pick him. I think at the end of the qualification South Korea will have more than 4 male weightlifters eligible to qualify.

1 hour ago, LowerSaxony said:

Great work! But how is Italy able to qualify a weightlifter via Continental representation? Those places are limited to NOCs which did not qualify other athletes. Italy, however, is in TOP 8 in -67kg.

if this document is correct, at D 2. Per Medal Event

"The highest-ranked athlete from the IWF Absolute Ranking from an NOC (one per continent = 5) not otherwise represented in the bodyweight category shall earn an individual quota place"

26 minutes ago, dcro said:

Already two quotas for Madagascar? :yikes:

I didn't get into details for the African weightlifters, but from the first look I can say both of them are 99% qualified. they just have to participate in their own continental qualifier. just participation will be enough. and I think they will participate since Madagascar is hosting the African Champs

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

I hope I'm wrong but some ocean nations: nauru, kiribati, marshall islands will not be present?

Kiribati and Nauru will get tripartite quota mostly. 

Marshall Islands will win it's first ever Olympic medal, could be gold, albeit for a another nation

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

especially the categories where there is France !! ^^

Your Anais  will qualify in 49kg, one of the 2 most interesting weight categories at the Olympics. If there was any doubt whether the Chinese would participate it's cleared. Jourdan De La Cruz and Mirabai Chanu  had thrown the Chinese out of the Olympics . Even if China enters they just can't win gold imo. It's India, USA, Papua New Guinea and Indonesia for the medals. I didn't see Beatriz Pirron of Dominican Republic at Pan Ams if not it'll be the same 4 for the medals. 

Other categories I don't know .

my calculations about women's 49kg

to make things easier for myself I only counted points for athletes who may qualify for the Olympics. I may miss someone so let me know if see someone important missing

1. :CHN Hou - 4926

- :PRK Ri - 4209 (no)

2. :IND Mirabai - 4133

3. :USA Delacruz - 3640

4. :INA Aisah - 3230

?. :COL Segura - 3121 (no) (COL with 3 doping cases)

?. :RUS Sobol - 3031 (NOC is limited to 1)

- :ROU Andries - 2955 (ROU with 3 doping cases)

- :VIE Vuong - 2908 (VIE with 3 doping cases)

5. :BRA Rosa - 2798

6. :FRA Michel - 2774

7. :TUR Erdogan - 2765 (NOC is limited to 2)

8. :CUB Montero - 2713

9. :PNG Toua - 2603 (Oceania)

10. :TPE Fang - 2596

- :DOM Piron - 2562 (no)

11. :CAN Braddouck - 2450

12. :MRI Ranaivosoa - 2332 (Africa)

13. :PER Cueva - 2321

- :ITA Russo - 2254 (no)

14. :TKM Jumabayeva - 2244

15. :ITA Imperio - 2227

16. :JPN Miyake - 2210

important notes:

* China has to pick 4 from 6 weights, they are "almost" guaranteed gold in any of the events they want, so it's just up to them

* Segura of Colombia surprisingly didn't participate in the Pan-Ams, she still can make it by just participating in the last event in her own country

* I didn't check other weights but I just can't believe Russia uses it's only quota in the lowest weight

* Vietnam and Romania are close to get banned from the Olympics. I think Romania has no chance but still a slim chance for Vietnam to survive.

* Toua from PNG can easily make it to top 8 by a good result in her last event and let Oceania qualify another one. but there is nobody else from Oceania in the ranking !!!! I'm a bit lazy to check to see what happens in they have to re-allocate the continental quotas.

* Piron of DOM can easily make it to top 8 by a mediocre result but she didn't even participate in the Pan-Ams, she still can do that in Colombia.

:CHN:IND:USA:INA:BRA:FRA:TUR:CUB == :PNG:TPE:CAN:MRI:ITA

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

my calculations about women's 49kg

to make things easier for myself I only counted points for athletes who may qualify for the Olympics. I may miss someone so let me know if see someone important missing

1. :CHN Hou - 4926

- :PRK Ri - 4209 (no)

2. :IND Mirabai - 4133

3. :USA Delacruz - 3640

4. :INA Aisah - 3230

?. :COL Segura - 3121 (no)

?. :RUS Sobol - 3031 (NOC is limited to 1)

- :ROU Andries - 2955 (ROU with 3 doping cases)

- :VIE Vuong - 2908 (VIE with 3 doping cases)

5. :BRA Rosa - 2798

6. :FRA Michel - 2774

7. :TUR Erdogan - 2765 (NOC is limited to 2)

8. :CUB Montero - 2713

9. :PNG Toua - 2603 (Oceania)

10. :TPE Fang - 2596

- :DOM Piron - 2562 (no)

11. :CAN Braddouck - 2450

12. :MRI Ranaivosoa - 2332 (Africa)

13. :PER Cueva - 2321

- :ITA Russo - 2254 (no)

14. :TKM Jumabayeva - 2244

15. :ITA Imperio - 2227

16. :JPN Miyake - 2210

important notes:

* China has to pick 4 from 6 weights, they are "almost" guaranteed gold in any of the events they want, so it's just up to them

* Segura of Colombia surprisingly didn't participate in the Pan-Ams, she still can make it by just participating in the last event in her own country

* I didn't check other weights but I just can't believe Russia uses it's only quota in the lowest weight

* Vietnam and Romania are close to get banned from the Olympics. I think Romania has no chance but still a slim chance for Vietnam to survive.

* Toua from PNG can easily make it to top 8 by a good result in her last event and let Oceania qualify another one. but there is nobody else from Oceania in the ranking !!!! I'm a bit lazy to check to see what happens in they have to re-allocate the continental quotas.

* Piron of DOM can easily make it to top 8 by a mediocre result but she didn't even participate in the Pan-Ams, she still can do that in Colombia.

:CHN:IND:USA:INA:BRA:FRA:TUR:CUB == :PNG:TPE:CAN:MRI:ITA

The name of this athlete from colombia is very funny for us haha.

Segura means safe in portuguese. So she is segura to qualify, but not in fact because colombia might be banned :lol:

@MHSNany chance of medal for Rosa?