website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

1 hour ago, merlinsbeard said:

If they have a certain big advantage against other competitors, they are doing harm though, don't they? I do not watch weightlifting a lot anymore since you do not know who will be doped and at least 25% of all medal winners will be. So I feel that I am deceived. It is very similar in this case, they are not biologically women, they can have much more testosterone than other athletes. So, they would have huge advantage against others. If we allow this I do not see why we do not allow men who wants to compete in women competitions? What is different between a man who identifies as a woman and a transgender in this sense?

this is your medical opinion or personal?  

2 hours ago, Adriano said:

this is your medical opinion or personal?  

As you can see I am using “If”, I have no idea medically and I am not outright against transgender to compete with women. But if they have an advantage due to biology I do not think they should be able to

11 minutes ago, merlinsbeard said:

As you can see I am using “If”, I have no idea medically and I am not outright against transgender to compete with women. But if they have an advantage due to biology I do not think they should be able to

Totally understand that, but don't you think they should have this kind of results?

1. It will stop haters

2. It will be fair for  letting participate (if this advantage is too big) with points factors for example or maybe it will be diffrent event for trans athletes in Olympic Games

For me nowadays this subject is too emotional. It should be more scientific.

I think that the rules about trans people competing should be adjusted specifically to each and every discipline. There are plenty of different factors that may affect the performance. And I dare to say, that in some events, ftm people could have some kind of advantage too.

Still, there is so little trans participants, that organisations just don't care about making those rules. It seems like IOC made that very vague overall rule sticked to only one factor (testosterone) without any further insight. I suppose they may thought that it won't be an issue in the next 15-20 years.

And right now it seems like Hubbard and other trans people fall atls the victims of the situation with all the hatred towards them. I feel kinda sorry for her. 

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.

1 hour ago, szy123 said:

I think that the rules about trans people competing should be adjusted specifically to each and every discipline. There are plenty of different factors that may affect the performance. And I dare to say, that in some events, ftm people could have some kind of advantage too.

Still, there is so little trans participants, that organisations just don't care about making those rules. It seems like IOC made that very vague overall rule sticked to only one factor (testosterone) without any further insight. I suppose they may thought that it won't be an issue in the next 15-20 years.

And right now it seems like Hubbard and other trans people fall atls the victims of the situation with all the hatred towards them. I feel kinda sorry for her. 

How is he a “victim”? He had his sporting career. He wasn’t very good. Along with seven billion other people. Now, at age 43, he wants to steal someone else’s career? He’s not the victim, Feagaiga Stowers :SAM is the victim. She has had her Oceania gold medal & Olympic place stolen from her by a selfish, greedy, second rate man.  He deserves all the hatred he gets.

Feagaiga Stowers, say her name.

27 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

How is he a “victim”? He had his sporting career. He wasn’t very good. Along with seven billion other people. Now, at age 43, he wants to steal someone else’s career? He’s not the victim, Feagaiga Stowers :SAM is the victim. She has had her Oceania gold medal & Olympic place stolen from her by a selfish, greedy, second rate man.  He deserves all the hatred he gets.

Feagaiga Stowers, say her name.

Considering Samoa is already qualified in this event (though with a different athlete) your point is moot.

If you are going to try to use emotions, please use the correct athlete you think was wronged.

28 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

He’s not the victim, Feagaiga Stowers :SAM is the victim. She has had her Oceania gold medal & Olympic place stolen from her by a selfish, greedy, second rate man.  He deserves all the hatred he gets

Oceania gold yes, not Olympic place. Stowers has retired from weightlifting. No issues as Iuniara Sipaia qualified as 8th best lifter in the world. 

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Considering Samoa is already qualified in this event (though with a different athlete) your point is moot.

If you are going to try to use emotions, please use the correct athlete you think was wronged.

Fine. There is still a victim. A woman from Oceania or New Zealand will be unable to fulfil her Olympic dream because a third-rate county-level man has stolen her place.