website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

16 minutes ago, dcmdtruefan said:

Since China is going to compete in the 55 kg, it looks like the Philippines will have to rely on Boxing or Carlos Yulo in Gymnastics to win their first ever gold medal.

There's also a chance for a gold medal from the new US Open champion Yuka Saso in women's golf. She's currently ranked ninth in the Olympic Golf ranking for women.

1 minute ago, PHI2019 said:

There's also a chance for a gold medal from the new US Open champion Yuka Saso in women's golf. She's currently ranked ninth in the Olympic Golf ranking for women.

Yeah. My apologies. I forgot about that and it just happened this past weekend. Saso is definitely a darkhouse to win a gold in women's golf and she has proven her mettle in representing her country before by winning the gold medal in the 2018 Asian Games. 

3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Ha, they chose Hristov over Grozdev, which is a bit surprising for me. Our coaches are hoping Martirosyan bombs again and it becomes open contest :d

I don't know about Grozdev's chance but Hristov is #1 favorite for bronze here IMO. Martirosyan and Djuraev will win gold and silver unless one of them bombs out. 4-5 guys will compete for bronze, Hristov is slightly better than the rest. could be different if Chumak was here.

^Unless Iakovidis gets in somehow (he's currently missing out by one spot), it will be the first time since 1964 that Greece didn't qualify any weightlifter, because Konstantina Benteli has tested positive for a banned substance and will be out of Tokyo :facepalm: