website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Oh I didn't see the new list, thanks!

@MHSNDo you think Alex Bellamare has any chance of qualification in 81 kg?

I think that's unlikely. there are 2 guys above him and removing only Colombia won't be enough. I think Albania will take that Asian unused quota.

and Poland will go if they really ban Colombia. Canada will be next if someone gets injured or banned. which is always possible in this sport.

I don't think Canada can receive the host unused quota. (even if one is available in this weight) that's for countries "not represented yet"

this is interesting, when I was reviewing things, there were no chance for :POL ZWARYCZ but now it seems he has a pretty good chance. I'm quite sure he wouldn't even think about going to Tokyo in his wildest dreams :d this qualification system does wonders. :lol: Poland may have 3 male weightlifters in Tokyo after all.

So Konstantina Benteli qualified, very good. Would've been so sad if we didn't qualify anyone in weightlifting!

Theodoros Iakovidis is one spot out, I guess if they ban Colombia then he gets to go.

EDIT-Actually no, he would still miss because the European continental quota wouldn't change :cry:

On 10/06/2021 at 03:58, Vic Liu said:

My guess

Women: 49 55 87 87+
Men: 61 67 73 81

We will have final answers in 2 or 3 days anyway.

My prediction is 100% correct.:clap:

64kg Deng Wei is not selected because of her injury and absence of the public trial ACh. It’s unlucky but unsurprised.

11 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

64kg Deng Wei is not selected because of her injury and absence of the public trial ACh. It’s unlucky but unsurprised.

with Moradi out of the picture I was really hoping to see Tian Tao in Tokyo. he was always rival to our weightlifters (Moradi and Rostami) but a very likeable character and also a very fun weightlifter to watch.

I think Qatar is almost guaranteed a gold medal in Tokyo. maybe first ever Olympic gold for that country. Fares Hassouna is also a great athlete. hopefully these 3 guys meet each other next year at the Asian Games.

I still remember 2014 Asian Games, when Rostami finished his competition way above the rest, he was shaking hands with everybody, wasn't even watching what Tian is doing. Tian lifted 205, missed 211 and all of a sudden jumped for 218 (equal to World Record) I remember the Iranian commentator was laughing at him. but then he made that lift and Rostami collapsed on his chair :d he is a well known athlete here.

10 minutes ago, MHSN said:

with Moradi out of the picture I was really hoping to see Tian Tao in Tokyo. he was always rival to our weightlifters (Moradi and Rostami) but a very likeable character and also a very fun weightlifter to watch.

I think Qatar is almost guaranteed a gold medal in Tokyo. maybe first ever Olympic gold for that country. Fares Hassouna is also a great athlete. hopefully these 3 guys meet each other next year at the Asian Games.

I still remember 2014 Asian Games, when Rostami finished his competition way above the rest, he was shaking hands with everybody, wasn't even watching what Tian is doing. Tian lifted 205, missed 211 and all of a sudden jumped for 218 (equal to World Record) I remember the Iranian commentator was laughing at him. but then he made that lift and Rostami collapsed on his chair :d he is a well known athlete here.

Tian Tao is also suffering from injury though he finished ACh. Otherwise Tian has a good chance because China wants breakthrough in heavy weights.

2 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Since China is going to compete in the 55 kg, it looks like the Philippines will have to rely on Boxing or Carlos Yulo in Gymnastics to win their first ever gold medal.