website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

2 hours ago, dodge said:

I’ll wait until @MHSN confirms :d

I have to say I made a mistake here. a big one :d I noticed that yesterday

I remember I read somewhere that the re-allocated quota will go the NOC "not represented" yet so I assumed if India declines the 81kg quota (which they did) Ireland will get that one but now I think I was wrong, that goes to Albania. per rules I posted above that simply goes to the next ranked athlete.

but still that applies to unused host quotas, but that depends on Wild Cards. there will be 4 Wild Cards and after that there will be 3 unused host quotas. they will be awarded after the wild cards. they want to know which 4 weights will be selected for the WC. the other 3 will be available for reallocated quotas.

these are highest ranked athletes from NOCs with 0 quotas. they have priority to receive reallocated host quotas. (even though the rules don't say that's guaranteed)

61: :KSA Al-Saleem

67: :GUA Pineda

73: :MDA Robu

81: :IRL Brown

96: :ISR Mugurdomov

109: :LTU Sidiskis

+109: :HUN Nagy or :LUX Kuworge

* Nagy most probably will take the African quota.

no unused host quotas for the women's side.

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

I have to say I made a mistake here. a big one :d I noticed that yesterday

I remember I read somewhere that the re-allocated quota will go the NOC "not represented" yet so I assumed if India declines the 81kg quota (which they did) Ireland will get that one but now I think I was wrong, that goes to Albania. per rules I posted above that simply goes to the next ranked athlete.

but still that applies to unused host quotas, but that depends on Wild Cards. there will be 3 Wild Cards and after that there will be 4 unused host quotas. they will be awarded after the wild cards. they want to know which 3 weights will be selected for the WC. the other 4 will be available for reallocated quotas.

these are highest ranked athletes from NOCs with 0 quotas. they have priority to receive reallocated host quotas.

61: :KSA Al-Saleem

67: :GUA Pineda

73: :MDA Robu

81: :IRL Brown

96: :ISR Mugurdomov

109: :LTU Sidiskis

+109: :HUN Nagy or :LUX Kuworge

* Nagy most probably will take the African quota.

no unused host quotas for the women's side.

And tripartite ?

4 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Wait, you can qualify 4 athletes even if one of them is via the continental quota? I thought if you need continental quotas the max you can get was three.

That's good for Canada...

you can't qualify 4, all of them from the continental quota. that was the rule. max 3 was possible via that

34 minutes ago, MHSN said:

huge chance if you ask me. even if IWF doesn't really want to ban them. IOC will pressure them to do that.

If both Romania/Colombia are banned + CHina does not compete in 64 kg women and 96 kg men, then :CAN stands a good chance of winning two medals and possibly even 2 golds, which would be incredible for this sport. 

Just now, intoronto said:

If both Romania/Colombia are banned + CHina does not compete in 64 kg women and 96 kg men, then :CAN stands a good chance of winning two medals and possibly even 2 golds, which would be incredible for this sport. 

If I'm understanding correctly it looks like China did not choose the 64kg class for women....which strikes me as odd but it definitely makes Maude Charron a contender for gold.