website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

13 hours ago, Dolby said:

It does appear that we did make a mistake and Ajay Singh, the weightlifter is not suspended but Ajay Thakur, Kabbadi player is suspended. 

I am not sure of his fitness though as he has not participated anywhere for quite some time. 

Also, this list includes Rakhi Halder in 59kg, almost surely in a qualification spot, who is provisionally suspended. Don’t know if there are others like her in the list as well throwing all our calculations awry. 

I believe she is suspended by your local anti-doping organization, not by IWF . IWF is probably not aware of that. maybe that's why she is still in the list. or maybe she managed to defend herself and she is not suspended anymore. :dunno:

IWF removed all suspended weightlifters already, for example Chumak (UKR) got suspended only few days ago but they removed him from the list.

3 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

After Vietnam, is  just arrived the request of sanctions against Colombia.

that's huge, that will make lots of changes, Colombia has lots of weightlifters high in the ranking.

but this is just one day before the final confirmation. I really don't know how IWF is going to deal with this.

6 minutes ago, MHSN said:

that's huge, that will make lots of changes, Colombia has lots of weightlifters high in the ranking.

but this is just one day before the final confirmation. I really don't know how IWF is going to deal with this.

As long as :IRL gets in as you promised, its' all good :lol:

1 minute ago, dodge said:

As long as :IRL gets in as you promised, its' all good :lol:

:d doesn't change for :IRL . Ireland will have a chance if 1) India rejects the quota, 2) no wild card will be awarded in this weight

but it will be important for Poland @rybak this way Albania qualifies in 81kg and Poland in 96kg.

and again keep in mind I'm not sure about anything I'm writing here :d

28 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Yet still no news about Romania

17 hours ago, Dragon said:

I was told Emily Godley/Musket might make it a full team of four for GB?

It's incredibly tight, but essentially it looks like UKR will drop their 76kg, so if COL are banned, OR China go a different route, Godley becomes the European entry at #9. IF BOTH happen, Godley comes in a Top 8, and FRA get the Euro spot, I think

17 hours ago, MHSN said:

from what I see she is 3rd in line for the European quota. but there are some countries in top 8 with more quotas than what they can take. she will qualify if 2 of those NOCs decide to not send someone in this weight. I don't know how possible is that right now. you have to consider all 7 weights.

USA, CHN, UKR and MEX are all over the limit but if you ask me all of them will pick this weight. I have to say Colombia still might get suspended. so slim chance but not impossible

I don't think, given the 2 lifter limit, that it's automatic UKR take the spot, and COL's team ban request has come in, I believe...