website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

31 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Welcome to the forum @River Knight. Nice to see new comer from Asia, especially my nearest neighbor, I am from Guangxi by the way.

Hi @Vic Liu. I've been lurking around at this site for a while so I decided to create an account to prepare for the upcoming Olympics :p

1 hour ago, River Knight said:

Currently, I doubt that our federation has the ability to test young athletes regularly, let alone has a doping scheme.

Vietnam has almost 100 million people. In a huge country like this, it baffles me that the only sport to have decent chances at an Olympic medal doesn't receive enough funding to test athletes, apparently.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1108351/weightlifting-africa-conditions

Even school weightlifting championships in India aren't this bad  , like who keeps training place in a parking lot that too cars are parking as if it's no one there

On 09/05/2021 at 17:25, MHSN said:

@rybak this is probably surprising for you but Bartlomiej ADAMUS in that world juniors list has a very good chance to qualify for the Olympics. he is currently 34th in the ranking but only 4 weightlifters are between him and the European Quota. and he will surpass all 4 of them if he lifts 371kg (that was his record at the European Championships) actually he only needs 365kg for that.

and maybe even 347kg (which is a very very low record) does the job for him if Russia and Albania elect to send different weightlifters (very likely)

Adamus finished with 355kg. he tried twice for 365kg to guarantee himself a place in Tokyo but failed.

he is currently 3rd in line for the European quota behind Russia and Albania. Russia most probably won't use this guy but not sure about Albania. they have 2 quotas (1 is already confirmed) they surely prefer Qerimaj at 81kg but if he doesn't make it they will use this 96kg quota.

9 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Even school weightlifting championships in India aren't this bad  , like who keeps training place in a parking lot that too cars are parking as if it's no one there

What the!? This is horrible!!! It's Bidani right there, a medalist at the World Championships, training under such conditions! MAJOR respect for him! 

9 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I wonder how these championships usually are in terms of organisation (no doubt better than this), but somehow I wonder if people are really surprised by it. Disappointed, sure, but surprised...?

Respect for these athletes, good luck trying to perform in this..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

IWF updates its website with African Champs results and added them to the  Olympic Ranking. only some weights at the World Juniors are left.

from what I see, the followings are the best ranked Africans

61kg: :MAD E. Andriantsitohaina

67kg: :MAD T. Andriatsitohaina

73kg: :TUN Ben Hnia (Top 8) and :MAR Moum

81kg: :TUN Bahloul

96kg: :GHA Amoah

109kg: :TUN Bacha

+109kg: :ALG Bidani (Top 8)

no African weightlifter is eligible to grab the +109kg African quota.

49kg: :MRI Ranaivosoa

55kg: :TUN Landoulsi (she is also Africa #1 at 59kg)

59kg: :TUN Rahmouni (:RSA Taljaard is next)

64kg: :TUN Rahmouni (:RSA Pretorious is next)

76kg: :CMR Eyenga

87kg: :CMR Meukeugni

+87kg: nobody is eligible

* Rahmouni is more likely to pick 64kg