website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

28 minutes ago, Khadidja Aisha said:

why areno african eligible.

there are only 4 African weightlifters in the ranking in that weight. :ALG Bidani will finish in top 8, the other guy is also from Algeria. obviously he can't qualify. there are 2 weightlifters from Morocco in bottom of the table but they participated in two events so far and with one more event left. they can't fulfill 4 mandatory participation.

unless someone from 109kg plays "smart" and participated in +109kg in the African Championship. (and makes himself eligible for this weight) this quota will be reallocated.

4 hours ago, MHSN said:

this weight is hard to predict because we have two 109kg weightlifters who can qualify here ! :ESP Ruiz and :AUT Martirosjan. Ruiz has a good chance to qualify in his own weight but Martirosjan (who participated today but withdrew from CJ) can play dirty and qualifies somewhere else and grabs someone else's rightful place.

How come Martirosyan could qualify ahead of Minasyan and Aleksanyan? And even if he could, why would he choose a weight where he has no chance of a gold medal?

Oh, never mind. Just noticed this one is from Austria. My bad. 

6 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

@MHSN Thanks for all this detailed info and all the effort.

I hope your health is better after this car hit. 

Regards. 

you are welcome. it ended disappointing for our Olympic Champions though :d

I'm much better now, can walk properly but still I don't think I'm going to run a marathon anytime soon :d

Is it correct that Enzo Kuworge :NED has a (small) chance left to qualify in the +109kg via the junior worlds? And if so, what exactly does he need to do there? Or, you know, as 'exactly' as possible :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 21/05/2021 at 14:29, Dragon said:

https://www.iwf.net/2021/05/21/public-disclosure-190/

European champion at 69kg, Kostova of Azerbaijan, has been caught for steroids

Haha, that still took longer than everyone expected :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!