website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

4 minutes ago, MHSN said:

FINALLY after 3 weeks IWF updates the qualification ranking with the European Championship results. at this rate he will have the current ranking in the 3rd week of May :wall:

When the ranking period end? Originally it’s supposed to end at 30th April, NOC confirmed lifters in May and IWF publish the final list at 22nd May. When to finalize the list now?

Just now, Vic Liu said:

When the ranking period end? Originally it’s supposed to end at 30th April, NOC confirmed lifters in May and IWF publish the final list at 22nd May. When to finalize the list now?

apparently 31 May but I'm not sure

it will also take few days to ask each NOC to remove the rest of its weightlifters (those like China with more than 4 quotas) I think we will have the final list somewhere in first or 2nd week of June.

18 hours ago, MHSN said:

apparently 31 May but I'm not sure

it will also take few days to ask each NOC to remove the rest of its weightlifters (those like China with more than 4 quotas) I think we will have the final list somewhere in first or 2nd week of June.

Whoa, still very long way to go...

5 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

@MHSN

Will performances in Junior World Championships account for Olympic ranking points as well. If yes, then can :IND Jeremy Lalrinnunga who slipped to 25th get a chance to qualify in 67 kg weight class

His chances are over, he seemed to have withdrawn from world juniors

49 minutes ago, Siddhartha Talukdar said:

@MHSN

Will performances in Junior World Championships account for Olympic ranking points as well. If yes, then can :IND Jeremy Lalrinnunga who slipped to 25th get a chance to qualify in 67 kg weight class

he may qualify without doing anything, South Korea has more than 4 eligible athletes to qualify. it's not a sure thing if they pick this guy. (likely but not a sure thing)

but if he participates in Junior Worlds he needs 322kg. that's 20kg higher than what he lifted in Uzbekistan. almost impossible to improve like that in such a short time.