website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

On 22/04/2021 at 01:19, MHSN said:

Segura of Colombia surprisingly didn't participate in the Pan-Ams, she still can make it by just participating in the last event in her own country

Are you kidding me?

She can target 2028 Olympics only after a ban she'll get for boldenone. And also 1 of the reasons why Colombia could lose 5-7 medals in weightlifting! She must be banned forever unless innocent. 

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

If no major injury occur in next 3 months, Chinese men’s team would Li Fabian, Chen Lijun, Shi Zhiyong and Lyu Xiaojun. No surprise in ACH.

Womens ? ....

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

96kg ranking

- :CHN Tian - 4481

1. :QAT El-Bakh - 4217

2. :COL Rivas - 4034 (COL with 3 doping cases)

3. :GEO Pliesnoi - 3919

4. :CAN Santavy - 3768

- :ARM Mkrtchyan - 3750 (NOC is limited to 1)

5. :KOR Yu - 3631

6. :JPN Yamamoto - 3503

7. :VEN Vallenilla - 3466

- :KOR Jang - 3438 (2nd KOR)

8 :CUB Saez - 3368

- :BLR Tsikhantsou - 3357 (no) (NOC is limited to 1)

9. :KGZ Rasulbekov - 3226

- :ALB Shoraj - 3189 (NOC is limited to 2) (needs 1 more result at 96)

10. :IRI Moradi - 3090

11. :GRE Iakovidis - 3073

12. :TPE Chen - 3066

13. :BRA Veli - 3039

- :BRA Gregorio - 3034 (2nd BRA)

14. :SAM Opeloge - 3010 (Oceania)

according to our Chinese friend, Tiao is not going to be selected for China, but that's not a sure thing, injures are always possible.

:QAT:COL:GEO:CAN:KOR:JPN:VEN:CUB == :KGZ:GRE:BRA:SAM:GHA

Which four athletes, considering sadly only one per weight, would all have better gold medal chances than Tiao? :yikes: 

I can think of 2 or who knows, maybe 3, but 4? That must be the four lightest weights then, assuming Li Fabin's biggest competitors won't compete or something?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

About prediction of Chinese Women's team, two lifters are 100% safe by their perfect performance, 87+ Li Wewen and 87- Wang Zhouyu. So Hou Zhihui, Liao Qiuyun and Zhang Wangli are competing for 2 tickets by their relatively good performance. Personally, I will pick Hou Zhihui and Liao Qiuyun. Hou Zhihui broke 2 WR including the total weight record, it's her advantages over other 2 lifers. Liao Qiuyun won over Li by her last attempt, showing her good competing quality even though not showing full potential. Also She is the real world champion not obtained by other's absence. So she is more deserved this ticket in terms of fairness. Zhang Wangli's performance is good enough to be the champion only if North Korea withdraws, it's unpredictable and somehow like a gift. I think the team don't like that feeling given they have other choice. As for Deng Wei, I will not count her in due to her absence and injury. She is a back-up choice now.

So in short, my choice: Li Wenwen, Wang Zhouyu, Hou Zhihui and Liao Qiuyun.

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

Zhang Wangli's performance is good enough to be the champion only if North Korea withdraws, it's unpredictable and somehow like a gift. I think the team don't like that feeling given they have other choice. As for Deng Wei, I will not count her in due to her absence and injury. She is a back-up choice now.

I found out participation in extended period is must which they haven't done. So they are out since I don't see them participating in Colombia when they haven't done in Uzbekistan. So will the federation go with easy gold or more deserving gold contender. 

Also are there no trials again? Deng Wei posted 230kg entry total at registration increased to 240kg just before competition and then didn't compete at all so if she recovers and lifts 250kg by May end will she be considered? 

48 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I found out participation in extended period is must which they haven't done. So they are out since I don't see them participating in Colombia when they haven't done in Uzbekistan. So will the federation go with easy gold or more deserving gold contender. 

Also are there no trials again? Deng Wei posted 230kg entry total at registration increased to 240kg just before competition and then didn't compete at all so if she recovers and lifts 250kg by May end will she be considered? 

It's my personal choice and I don't know federation's preference. And there must be some internal trials again but not that crucial as this public one. Lyu Dayin and Kang Yue are also injured but they fight for their tickets with full strength. For me there is no excuse to grant a free pass for those injured with self-claimed potential. But again it's just my personal consideration.