website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

The IOC is “very worried” once more (so they’ll be doing a grand total of nothing).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The link will take you to Sarah Davies’ statement on the matter. Sarah is the head of the new athletes commission.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Should be noted that his own national federation is calling for his removal from the IWF Executive Board, so it seems unlikely he’ll hold the position (unless something has changed).

• 1 month later...

Here I see two new Vietnamese weightlifters being added to the suspended list

https://www.iwf.net/anti-doping/sanctions/

there is another guy TRINH Van Vinh in 2018. from what I googled he tested positive on November 2018 after the start of the qualification period.

if I'm not wrong 3 dopers during the qualification period means being banned from the Olympics. they already banned Egypt, Thailand and Malaysia because of this rule. is Vietnam next or I missed something ?

Colombia and Romania also have open cases (to make it 3 or more), if confirms, they will be banned too.

meanwhile IWF updates the list of ADRVs (from 2008 to 2020) Romania now has 20 and will be reduced to 1 male and 1 female (of course if IWF doesn't ban the nation entirely)

NOCs limited to 1 male and 1 female

:RUS:KAZ:AZE:BLR:ARM:ROU:THA

NOCs limited to 2 males and 2 females

:BUL:UKR:UZB:MDA:EGY:IND:IRI:TUR:ALB:MAS

no need to say that some NOCs in the list are banned completely, but IWF still keeps them in the list.