website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

vlad

1 hour ago, Andry84 said:

Any news about Moradi? Will he compete tomorrow in fajr cup? He still needs 2 good results to qualify, probably around 400 kg..... 

I have the start list and no he won't. and he is not training with the national team yet, which is not a good news, he is supposed to participate at the West Asian Championship in UAE. they also registered both him and Rostami for a tournament in Colombia in case.

but the Iranian federation is "making room" for both of these guys, they removed other Iranians at 96kg from the list to make sure none of them finish higher than these 2 guys on the final ranking. Beiralvand, Miri and Mousavi they all could qualify relatively easily.

41 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

@MHSN any videos from the Fajr Cup?

I just finished watching 96kg competition where Rostami bombed out AGAIN ! :facepalm:

but I assume you are interested in lower weights because there were some Indonesian entries, it's a bit hard to find that in the archives since it was yesterday, but let me see what I can find :d

but just to give you an answer (which I'm sure you are not interested) this is 81kg competition

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2204534

8 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I just finished watching 96kg competition where Rostami bombed out AGAIN ! :facepalm:

but I assume you are interested in lower weights because there were some Indonesian entries, it's a bit hard to find that in the archives since it was yesterday, but let me see what I can find :d

but just to give you an answer (which I'm sure you are not interested) this is 81kg competition

Well actually I just need something to watch, because a week without badminton is too harsh :p

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

@Griff88

OK it wasn't that hard, this is yesterday's competition

https://www.telewebion.com/episode/2204292

it was 61kg/67kg/73kg combined !! :d all 3 weights classes being held at the same time

you can have the startlist here

Thanks! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

happy to see that both Karapetyan and Beytula were below Pizzolato's total in Ostia a few days ago...:d

1 hour ago, phelps said:

happy to see that both Karapetyan and Beytula were below Pizzolato's total in Ostia a few days ago...:d

well at least someone was interested at 81kg competition :d

but weightlifting qualification process is way too complicated, it's impossible to have an idea about who is going to qualify and who is not. some athletes are appearing in ranking in more than just 1 weight class, comparing points is really hard because some athletes participated in less events and still can move up massively but the most important thing is those limitations, for example Belarus has just 1 quota, and the same goes for so many countries (including Iran) and we don't know what will be their picks until the end of the qualification process.

I really think this qualification format was a total disaster, yes the whole idea was good but it needs lots of modifications for the next Olympics

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

well at least someone was interested at 81kg competition :d

but weightlifting qualification process is way too complicated, it's impossible to have an idea about who is going to qualify and who is not. some athletes are appearing in ranking in more than just 1 weight class, comparing points is really hard because some athletes participated in less events and still can move up massively but the most important thing is those limitations, for example Belarus has just 1 quota, and the same goes for so many countries (including Iran) and we don't know what will be their picks until the end of the qualification process.

I really think this qualification format was a total disaster, yes the whole idea was good but it needs lots of modifications for the next Olympics

I agree...the qualification process has good principles, but really messy development...

however, more than a question of qualification (if ITA are going to have 1 weightlifter at the Games, that's Pizzolato), I was happy to see that some of his potential rivals in this period are not growing too fast and more than our guy (the Bulgarian more than the Armenian, who likely is not going to start in Tokyo, as ARM only have 1 quota because of doping sanctions and almost certainly they're going to use it for Martyrosian)...