website statistics

Judo IJF World Championships 2021

Totallympics

35 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Hm, didn't he gain 220 points here? (720 points for the 5th place, replacing his worst score on the WR, 500 points) He was more than 220 points behind the Korean and the Russian. 

Oh my bad I forgot about the older scores being removed. Either way he will he ranked and is a win away from at least the medal round.

No changes in today's events in terms of the world quotas, unless I missed something.

Women's +78kg

:CUB  :AZE  :BRA  :FRA  :TUR  :BLR  :TUN  :POR  :BIH  :CHN  :CMR  :UKR  :KOR  :NED  :ISR  :PUR  :RUS  :SLO 

Men's +100kg

:RUS  :CZE  :GEO  :BRA  :NED  :UKR  :ISR  :KOR  :FRA  :TJK  :AZE  :AUT  :CUB  :UZB  :GER  :ROU  :MGL  :POL 

wonderful act of fair play by Asahina earlier today in the gold medal match against her teammate Tomita...:bowdown:

since Tomita was injured at the end of the fight and couldn't even walk anymore, Asahina carried her on her shoulders and tokke her to the locker room...she did even make the salute to the judges and the tatami with her (not so light) teammate on her shoulders...

chapeau! :hatoff:

we saw some very entertaining judo this week, but for me this is the picture of the championships...

What a massive performance by Khammo in the two repechage fights, first throwing the Finnish guy within 5 seconds and then throwing the Georgian guy all around every corner of Budapest :bowdown: 

And the +100kg final nearly got a sensational end, too bad Bashaev just could not hold on to the arm lock and hold down :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ah, IJF pretending the team event doesn't exist, isn't that something we saw in previous championships as well? :d 

https://live.ijf.org/wc_sen2021/contest_order

All empty. No bracket neither, nada. There's a bracket on Wikipedia and live streams planned for today, but come on.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

29 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah, IJF pretending the team event doesn't exist, isn't that something we saw in previous championships as well? :d 

https://live.ijf.org/wc_sen2021/contest_order

All empty. No bracket neither, nada. There's a bracket on Wikipedia and live streams planned for today, but come on.

They have a separate page for the team event as if it's a different World Championship. https://live.ijf.org/wc_sen_teams2021/overview

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

They have a separate page for the team event as if it's a different World Championship. https://live.ijf.org/wc_sen_teams2021/overview

That is quite odd, but typical for federations I guess :p Thanks!

Netherlands with the C-team, I guess they're accepting the loss already and so are like 'why bother' :p 

r9ioDHg.png