website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics PAGU American Championships 2021

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Anyone from the last subdivision can achieve a higher score?

I strongly believe no one can even come close to this score. I'm still shocked neither of the other Brazilians scored more than that!!! But I'm happy! Yay for :CRC!

15 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

As you said, time for Valenzo to leave the federation and some changes in trainers and funding applied.

Yes, please! I don't know why you still keep her around. I absolutely hate the way she controls things and her work in PAGU.

10 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

What a great surprise to see Alvarado ahead of Magistrati, even though :MEX will likely beat this score. Magistrati is the reigning South American champion in the all-around. Quite shocking, indeed!

I heard that Magistrati had a back injury so couldn't train properly. A shame because it seems that it wasn't that hard to get the quota.

No :USA and no :BRA Rebeca Andrade in the finals.

That means historic medals galore for other nations. :d

First-ever gold medal for :ECU.

First-ever gold medal in women's artistic gymnastics for :ARG.
First-ever medal for :PAN.

This is absolutely crazy, both Panama and Costa Rica with medals. It's the kind of thing that makes me smile and enjoy this sport even more. :d 

11 hours ago, NMQ said:

I heard that Magistrati had a back injury so couldn't train properly. A shame because it seems that it wasn't that hard to get the quota.

Oh, too bad about Magistrati. She's fantastic and I hope she keeps competing until 2024. She deserves to go to the Olympics.

Now, about the scores, 50.833 is a respectable score, especially considering that the judges were extremely harsh with everybody on the uneven bars and floor. Alvarado had a great day, she did everything she could and no one could catch up. The fact that Magistrati, all the Mexican girls and the other Brazilians -- except for Andrade -- didn't beat this score is absolutely crazy, though.

And I don't understand the way scores have been handled here. Scores in the floor finals today were much lower than they should have been! Let's wait for beam and uneven bars finals in the afternoon, but I already expect scores to be lower than what the gymnasts actually deserve...