website statistics

Poll 51/100 | Your personal Top 3

1. Individual men foil (I am excited with the Spanish return in this sport after 13 years), K4 500 and men basketball.

2. :POR:CUB for sure. The third one depends on the sport and the athlete, but I would say Central-American nations in general or :HUN

3.  Rafael Nadal (tennis), Pau Gasol (basketball) and Carolina Marín (badminton). I decided to name three Spanish athletes, but if I have to choose foreign athletes I would say Usain Bolt (athletics), Valentina Vezzali (fencing) and Sebastian Brendel (canoeing)

1) baseball , gymnastics and judo since we might have a chance to be close to a medal 

2) :CZE:SVK and:USA 

3)Elizabeth Swaney of course.... :p

but on a serious note I would choose someone from my country but for the sake of the question I would choose mark spitz ,agnes keleti( she could have represent us) and Emil Zátopek

1) Swimming all events, Fencing all events, Men's Water Polo 

2) I enjoy the successes of neighboring countries: I admire :SLO because I consider them great sportsmen for such a small nation. It makes me sad :ROU is not having good time even in its most representative sports (Artistic Gymnastic :()... I also like a lot :POL too

3) Szilágyi Áron, Nagy Tímea, Gyurta Dániel

3 events: baseball, M 100m (athletics) & W Team gymnastics

Other nations: :GER :CAN :JPN

Favorite Olympian: Don’t have a favorite so I’ll throw out a few names: Biles, Phelps, Bolt

1 Athletics (this year especially the middle distance events plus decathlon and heptathlon), rugby sevens and the men's individual gymnastics.

2 For reasons of family and friends :CAN and :NED  plus :FIN because they're always fun.

:GBR Tommy Green, a British walker from the 1930s because I love his life story

:CZE Emil Zatopek, the greatest of all time

:USA Ashton Eaton, the greatest of the last 20 years

12 hours ago, Dnl said:

1) baseball , gymnastics and judo since we might have a chance to be close to a medal 

2) :CZE:SVK and:USA 

3)Elizabeth Swaney of course.... :p

but on a serious note I would choose someone from my country but for the sake of the question I would choose mark spitz ,agnes keleti( she could have represent us) and Emil Zátopek

No doubt Israel would go bananas to win a medal in baseball 

I understand that just about all Israelis live and breathe baseball 

33 minutes ago, rajiv said:

No doubt Israel would go bananas to win a medal in baseball 

I understand that just about all Israelis live and breathe baseball 

Look I could told you about how the sport has increased in popularity over the last 2 years and how 3 new pitches are being built or renovated and how the field in Misgav is a place for Druze Arabs and Jewish kids to get together and play and bond over being all Israelis, and I could tell you how they are all thrilled about the National team and how the fact that it’s the first team since 1976 that going to the Olympics so the whole country is looking forward to cheer them up, but hey clearly you know everything with your borderline comments and pathetic try to make sad point that is false narratives and unwitting and unfunny 

1) Men's road race in cycling (love cycling and an Irish medalist here is my dream) Rowing (because Ireland can win multiple medals) and Handball (because I only watch the sport every 4 years)

2) None really. Always want under dogs to win. 

3) :IRL Katie Taylor  - the only non-tainted gold medalist for Ireland in my lifetime

:IRL Paul O'Donovan - soon to change that...

and a non Irish one

:CUB Felix Savon - pure class as a heavyweight boxer with 3 gold in 92, 96, 2000. Would have won in 1988 too if Cuba didn't boycott

1) I have a lot of favorite events. And sports. If only three than: men's road race, decathlon, men's volleyball.

2)  :ISL :HUN :LCA and all "small nations". :)

3) I some how move form being fanatic about single athlets. But my favorite of all time will be probably: 

- Tomasz Majewski :POL - the coolest man ever

- Adam Małysz :POL - from whom all my sports factination started