website statistics

Figure Skating ISU World Championships 2018

Totallympics

19 minutes ago, dcro said:

Kostner should have got the bronze though. Miyahara was severely overscored compared to the others...

Kostner was lucky to have fourth tbh. Her PCS was Patrick Chan in the early 2010s levels of generous. I really wish she would have finished her career at home on a high note, but she just didn’t deserve a medal with that skate.

I’m having a hard time processing Osmond is a world champion. Incredibly happy for her. Canada hasn’t had a women’s workd champion in ages. Hard to process that men’s is out weakest discipline right now (and the one with the longest “drought” at both the worlds and the Olympics). Daleman is now the only member of Canada’s gold medal team event to not have an individual Olympic medal *and* a world championship gold. No presure on her or anything.

Edited by NearPup

8 minutes ago, Nate River said:

Kostner was lucky to have fourth tbh. Her PCS was Patrick Chan in the early 2010s levels of generous. I really wish she would have finished her career at home on a high note, but she just didn’t deserve a medal with that skate.

I’m having a hard time processing Osmond is a workd champion. Incredibly happy for her. Canada hasn’t had a women’s workd champion in ages. Hard to process that men’s is out weakest discipline right now (and the one with the longest “drought” at both the worlds and the Olympics).

She is a class above the rest in artistry, so she wasn't that much overscored in PCS.

Miyahara meanwhile was overscored because the technical delegate only gave her one under rotation, even though she really looked fishy on many jumps. Kostner, while falling once and sometimes sloppy, at least rotated well.

Sotskova, Nagasu and Tennell got dinged big time for URs for example (all losing around 10 points in post performance reviews!). That's why Miyahara was overscored, she URed as much as those 3.

P.S. I've read a rumor (or maybe it wasn't rumor) that Japanese had a head tech delegate. :p

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

10 minutes ago, Nate River said:

Figure skaters don’t compete a lot as is. Might as well give everyone another shot at a meaningful competition before the season ends.

Yeah, and all big names are always interested (except the injured/retired ones), so why not.

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah, and all big names are always interested (except the injured/retired ones), so why not.

Exactly. Not many people skip out on the post Olympic worlds unless they have an injury or plan to retire.