• Great Britain
    • Italy
    • Poland
    • Sweden
    • Australia
    • France
    • New Zealand
    • Any other

not into Equestrian sports enough to make a serious prediction...

my picks (just based on recent past results and personal bias)...

Dressage: :GER :NED :GBR (individually I really have no clue...:GBR Charlotte Dujardin and a pair of :GER Germans might well be on the podium, I guess)

Jumping: :USA :BEL :SWE (individually it's even worse than dressage...someone from :USA and then everything is possible, I think)

Eventing: :GER :GBR :AUS (individually, I hope someone from :NZL and then some riders from the Countries that medal in the team event, I suppose)

Like the optimistic fool I am I voted for ‘others’ in show jumping and Ireland in eventing 

Our show jumping team could win gold, or could finish last. They are ridiculously inconsistent 

Dressage - :GER:GBR:DEN

Only Germany appears to be safe. GB/DEN are closely followed by USA and the Netherlands. Sweden probably needs a couple of things to go their way, whilst Denmark has everything in their hands. Carina Cassoe Krueth is looking amazing right now, Nanna Skodborg Merrald is steady, but it may all come down to whether Cathrine Dufour can bounce back from the nightmare competition in Compiegne.

As for the individual podium, the frontrunners are the three Germans, Dujardin (GB) and Dufour (DEN)... Followed by Gal (NED), Lyle (USA), Kittel and J. Ramel (SWE), Cassoe Krueth (DEN), Ruoste (FIN)...

Eventing - :GBR:AUS:NZL

Great Britain has the greatest depth of talent, no doubt about it, but it may count for very little in the three-person team competition with no discard scores. Neither gold nor 6th place would be surprising. AUS/NZ for me are looking better right now than GER/FRA. Germany will have a hard time without Ingrid Klimke, but they could still bounce back. United States would need to flip years of team disappointment. My heart goes out to Ireland, but they have been pretty invisible since this corona thing started and seem to be lacking horse power... Swedes are usually reliable. Watch out for Japan (4th at WEG).

As for the individual portion, Michael Jung (GER), any of the Brits, Stuart Tinney and Chris Burton for Australia, Jonelle & Tim Price for New Zealand, Cathal Daniels (IRL), Phillip Dutton (USA), Felix Vogg (SUI), maybe one of the Frenchmen, or even Alex Hua Tian (CHN) in a crazy turn of events.

Jumping - :USA:BEL:GER

Probably the three strongest teams right now. Sweden, France, the Netherlands are always a threat though. Switzerland is still searching for someone to complete the amazing duo of Steve Guerdat and Martin Fuchs. Ireland, Great Britain, Brazil, Mexico, Egypt have their chances too.

Individual event is not very predictable, but I am pretty sure at least two medalists will be found between Ben Maher (GBR), Steve Guerdat and Martin Fuchs (SUI), McLain Ward and Kent Farrington (USA), Christian Kukuk (GER), Peder Fredricson and Henrik von Eckermann (SWE), Pieter Devos and Niels Bruynseels (BEL), Harrie Smolders (NED).

#banbestmen