website statistics

Poll 48/100 | The Statistical Point

Poll 48/100  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following statements would be true?

• 1-At least one boat in Sailing will be guaranteed the gold medal before the final Medal Race
    • 2-China will not win all golds in table tennis
    • 3-At least 1 top seed in Men's or Women's Individual Recurve after ranking will fail to reach semis.
    • 4-At least 1 tripartite invitation athlete will win a Olympic medal.
    • 5-At least 1 couple will win medals in same or different events
    • 6-Simone Biles will be the most successful female gymnast at Tokyo

1, 3, 5 and 6

Not sure which two athletes will both win a medal in the same two events, but considering we've got swimming on the program I'd be highly surprised if the diversity in medal winners is so big, this doesn't happen :p 

And that's without even looking at other sports where it's possible. With swimming and it's many highly related events alone this should be done and dusted, probably more than once :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Anyone read enough paparazzi media to know which medal contenders are in relationships together?:p

I can imagine there will be couples that both win medals though. Probably even multiple.

And for 1: Kiran Badloe about to win RS:X gold before you can say Medal race out loud:clap:

my picks:

- no.1 has always happened since the medal race format has been used, so, I guess it will happen again (maybe even more than once)...

- no.3 might well happen...it wouldn't be the 1st time, in case...

- no.5 is one of the most obvious pick of the entire poll series (maybe it would have been more tricky and interesting if the "couple" had to be made by 2 athletes from different Countries)...

- no.6 is also very much expected...

2 & 4 are very, very unlikely to happen to me, so I didn't pick them...