website statistics
Jump to content

Countdown to Beijing 2022

 

Bobsleigh 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread


Totallympics
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, dcro said:

In another plot twist, Vietnam is entered for the two-man event too... with two different crews!!

 

What on earth is happening? Did Vietnam just decide to start their Winter program with sliding of all things? :lol:

Possibly Canadian/American expats?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kaillie Humphries has been given :USA citizenship. She should be eligible to represent the US in Beijing :cheer:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Kaillie Humphries has been given :USA citizenship. She should be eligible to represent the US in Beijing :cheer:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/kaillie-humphries-us-citizen-olympics-235630912.html
 

I had no idea there was a workaround for the three year rule for citizenship application for spouses of US citizens.

 

I’d love to have a better grasp of her immigration history because this is just really interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@hckošice Why is Slovakia not competing in the two-woman bobsleigh this year?

 

It's a shame. Last year Cernanska and her crew were better than Ukraine, who will easily qualify for the Olympics now...

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

@hckošice Why is Slovakia not competing in the two-woman bobsleigh this year?

 

It's a shame. Last year Cernanska and her crew were better than Ukraine, who will easily qualify for the Olympics now...

No idea, sorry. Last time I heard about her crew member Patrícia Tajcnárová was last summer when she joined the special grant from our NOC for talented juniors, but not a single info since then  :dunno:  but I assume that everything this season in our Bobsleigh was planned, prepared and actually turns only and only around the only season´s goal to qualify Viki in the Monobobs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2021 at 2:06 AM, Grassmarket said:

Also for the draft.  :thumbup:

She's both too old for the draft and not eligible on account of her gender anyway.

 

Also if she was a male between 18 and 25 she would have needed to register upon taking up residence, not upon becoming a citizen. I had to provide by draft registration number when I went to my naturalization interview.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

She's both too old for the draft and not eligible on account of her gender anyway.

 

Also if she was a male between 18 and 25 she would have needed to register upon taking up residence, not upon becoming a citizen. I had to provide by draft registration number when I went to my naturalization interview.

There were rumours just last week that :USA was going to take the long-overdue step of ending that remnant of Victorian sexism: hence the joke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Viki Čerňanská quite pretty well cemented her Olympics ticket today I do believe by finishing 2nd in the Euroean Cup in Sigulda...hard luck 2nd place with only 0.06 behind the winner though.

 

But anyway the goal is somewhere else, so yeah very good and valuable points today in the road to Peking. Way to Go Viki !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...