website statistics

Rowing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Totallympics

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

Hmm... another sport where we need a PhD to interpert what it means. With the third America's third quota in lw2x being awarded at the Final Qualification, I think the same thing applies here.

What I thought is when someone gives up quota, the next who recieve the quota should be an athlete/team finishing as first below the line during the event where that athlete/team qualified. So if :HKG qualified at the Asian OG Regatta and then refused the quota, I think automatically should qualify a boat finishing first below the line at that event. At least in this way I understood the criteria of reallocation if the quota is refused. 

29 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

I didn't follow the Asian qualifier previously and I saw it from Wikipedia. It shows Hong Kong and Korea receive the W1x quotas and Hong Kong Rowing federation website confirmed the Hong Kong one. So I think it refers that Hong Kong automatically lost LM2x. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowing_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics_–_Qualification

Wikipedia has been quite wrong about the Asian qualifiers (people being a bit too quick with updates before knowing all the information).

I also confirmed the Hong Kong quota, but there's no word of them saying they declined the LM2x. I mean it could be true, but it could also be that Indonesia selected the LM2x over the LW2x (earlier reports say they won the LW2x, but that was before they had access to the men's quota) and South Korea will compete in the LW2x.

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Any idea how this is possible? https://www.arabnews.com/node/1869961/sport

@MHSN

that's interesting. he was supposed to compete in Final C with a Kuwaiti guy but withdrew. I thought he won't be counted in the final ranking and won't be eligible to receive a quota but apparently I was wrong.

maybe one country rejected its quota. or maybe KUW took the female quota. because after all Asia had 1 additional quota because of unused host quota. meaning 6 (instead of 5) qualified in single sculls events.

but this line was amazing

praising Alireza for the skill and fighting spirit he displayed during the qualifying rounds.

skill and fighting spirit :p

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Final list released, several continental quotas differences between speculation and final confirmation:

https://worldrowing.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/2020-Olympic-Paralympic-Qualification_150621.xls

it seems HKG rejected quotas. Thailand received the men's LWT doubles. and Kuwait and KSA took the men's quotas.

32 minutes ago, MHSN said:

it seems HKG rejected quotas. Thailand received the men's LWT doubles. and Kuwait and KSA took the men's quotas.

Since CHN are both next best ranking team in LM and LW, we are hoping that we would receive at least one reallocation quota (especially with unclear qualification document, it seems with more hope in the chaos). But Apparently, we are just playing naive.:whistle:

• 3 weeks later...