website statistics

Rowing Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

Totallympics

19 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Entries by event for the Final Qualification Regatta

Sadly, and idiotically at the same time, no rowers for Mexico :( They could have had a slight chance in men’s single sculls and lightweight single sculls

LM1x isn't Olympic class

Italy is in big trouble...

we have a covid outbreak in our team, and it's just among the guys who were preparing for the Qualification Regatta (who are currently working apart from those who are already qualified to the games)...

the coaches say that 5 guys got infected, but now they are already negative and could start their training again, but of course this took a lot of time off to their preparation...

I fear that we won't have much success in Lucerne (we still have 5 boats to qualify, with women's Fours and men's Eight being the 2 we invested more on)...

So Greece will only sent three boats to Lucerne.

Anneta Kyridou is our best chance to qualify, but Klimovich and Foester will be tough. Small chance for Dymchenko as well, but I think the two quotas for W1X will be between Kyridou, Klimovich and Foester.

Anastasiadou/Fitsiou definitely have a chance in LW2X, but it will be tough. Especially since Nikolaidou is not fit in time to replace Fitsiou who is clearly the weakest link. Having three available quotas in this event definitely increases our chances, but there are so many other teams going for those spots so it will be tough.

Kalandaridis/Papakonstantinou is an interesting team for M2X. Kalandaridis was competing in M2- and Papakonstantinou in LM2X just last month. Obviously they didn't do too well with their partners, but both are young so now let's see how they do together. Not expecting anything though.

I'm disappointed that we didn't send a W2X. Nikolaidou not being fit probably ruined the chances (though she might've done lightweight anyways) and all of our other girls (Asoumanaki, Tsamopoulou, Christodoulidis etc) are basically in the US right now for college rowing. Tsamopoulou took the year off from school to prepare for the Olympics, but they wouldn't accept her in the national team. Makes no sense because she won gold at the last World U23 Championships in this event but whatever. Our 18 yo talent Evangelia Fragkou has been at training camps all year long with the Olympic team so I expected them to find a partner for her but I guess not.

I expect that Kyridou will qualify so we will send four rowers to Rio. A big disappointment after we sent 10 rowers to both London and Rio. And Ntouskos will be the only one returning from Rio...

3 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

So Greece will only sent three boats to Lucerne.

Anneta Kyridou is our best chance to qualify, but Klimovich and Foester will be tough. Small chance for Dymchenko as well, but I think the two quotas for W1X will be between Kyridou, Klimovich and Foester.

Anastasiadou/Fitsiou definitely have a chance in LW2X, but it will be tough. Especially since Nikolaidou is not fit in time to replace Fitsiou who is clearly the weakest link. Having three available quotas in this event definitely increases our chances, but there are so many other teams going for those spots so it will be tough.

Kalandaridis/Papakonstantinou is an interesting team for M2X. Kalandaridis was competing in M2- and Papakonstantinou in LM2X just last month. Obviously they didn't do too well with their partners, but both are young so now let's see how they do together. Not expecting anything though.

I'm disappointed that we didn't send a W2X. Nikolaidou not being fit probably ruined the chances (though she might've done lightweight anyways) and all of our other girls (Asoumanaki, Tsamopoulou, Christodoulidis etc) are basically in the US right now for college rowing. Tsamopoulou took the year off from school to prepare for the Olympics, but they wouldn't accept her in the national team. Makes no sense because she won gold at the last World U23 Championships in this event but whatever. Our 18 yo talent Evangelia Fragkou has been at training camps all year long with the Olympic team so I expected them to find a partner for her but I guess not.

I expect that Kyridou will qualify so we will send four rowers to Rio. A big disappointment after we sent 10 rowers to both London and Rio. And Ntouskos will be the only one returning from Rio...

Dymchenko was better in European Qualification and European Championship ?

5 minutes ago, Illya said:

Dymchenko was better in European Qualification and European Championship ?

The European Championship was very unbalanced. All of the best rowers were in the same semifinal.

At the European Qualification, Kyridou fell into the water a few minutes before the race, so that is why she did so poorly in the final and finished way behind the rest of the field. In the heats she dominated.

Let's not forget Kyridou won bronze at the 2020 European Championships at the young age of 21. She also won gold at the last two European U23 Championships, beating out Foester.

Just now, Makedonas said:

The European Championship was very unbalanced. All of the best rowers were in the same semifinal.

At the European Qualification, Kyridou fell into the water a few minutes before the race, so that is why she did so poorly in the final and finished way behind the rest of the field.

She has the same chances ? as Belarussian , Kyridou and German . In European Championship Final A she was tired. And who is Anna Prakhatsen? Doping girl?

20 minutes ago, Illya said:

She has the same chances ? as Belarussian , Kyridou and German . In European Championship Final A she was tired. And who is Anna Prakhatsen? Doping girl?

I don't know much about Prakhatsen until last month really. I didn't know her before then but she is doing very well.

:POL team for Lucerne:

Men's single sculls: Natan Węgrzycki Szymczyk

Men's coxless pair: Łukasz Posyłajka, Damian Józefowicz

Women's lightweight double sculls: Jaclyn Stelmaszyk, Weronika Deresz

Too bad that we will not send anyone in both womens double sculls and coxless pair...