website statistics

Karate Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

George_D

3 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Do all continents use the own games as criteria, e.g Asian games, etc

no, only Europe and America

for Asia, Africa and Oceania, it's simply the best ranked athlete

@Benolympique @intoronto

for me Karate is impossible to predict, maybe @phelps can help you guys here but in Karate anybody can beat anybody. this is a very competitive sport around the world.

normally you can look up the ranking and take the next best 3 athletes as the favorite for quota in France. but I know there are lots of good athletes very low in the ranking simply because they gave up trying to qualify through the ranking. and these K1 events were only open to the best 64 in the world ranking.

9 hours ago, MHSN said:

no, only Europe and America

for Asia, Africa and Oceania, it's simply the best ranked athlete

Anita Serogina is champion of European Games - 2019 in 61- . Can she obtain the continental quota , if she fail Paris tournament?

1 hour ago, Illya said:

Anita Serogina is champion of European Games - 2019 in 61- . Can she obtain the continental quota , if she fail Paris tournament?

for her it's gonna be very complicated...she has to hope that both Semeraro and Plank qualify at the Paris tournament (because she can't get up to places 6 or 7 of the whole OQR, even if she wins the next ECHs) and moreover, she has to collect a lot more points than :ESP Palacio Garcia at the upcoming european champs (and I'm not sure she can even overtake the Spanish girl -we have to make calculations of how many points the 2 girls scored in Lisbon and then take into consideration how many points they both could score in Porec), so, in such case, she has to hope that also Palacio qualifies via the Paris OQT...

basically, right now she's the 4th in line for one single place...but, as @MHSN wrote, everything could change after the Paris tournament...and not only because some European athletes could make some spots free, but also because those from other continents could change the whole perspective of which weight class would eventually be available as a repechage spot for the European fighters...

frankly, WKF made this qualification process a real mess...and it's very difficult make previews and predictions because one single event in one continent reflects over the whole world...

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

@Benolympique @intoronto

for me Karate is impossible to predict, maybe @phelps can help you guys here but in Karate anybody can beat anybody. this is a very competitive sport around the world.

normally you can look up the ranking and take the next best 3 athletes as the favorite for quota in France. but I know there are lots of good athletes very low in the ranking simply because they gave up trying to qualify through the ranking. and these K1 events were only open to the best 64 in the world ranking.

oh, no...I'm so bad at predicting this kind of results that's better I limit myself to take notice of what actually happens on the mat...:rofl: :facepalm:

the only weight class I'm ready to put some money on, it's the men's Heavyweights...should one between Horne and Arkania not qualify through the OQR, then I'm pretty sure he would make it in Paris...

by the way, I'm pretty sure France would eventually take a lot of quota places in Paris, even if some of their athletes are not exactly at the top of the current ranking...

and all the Russians, despite being very low in the rankings, will be very dangerous...

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

oh, no...I'm so bad at predicting this kind of results that's better I limit myself to take notice of what actually happens on the mat...:rofl: :facepalm:

the only weight class I'm ready to put some money on, it's the men's Heavyweights...should one between Horne and Arkania not qualify through the OQR, then I'm pretty sure he would make it in Paris...

by the way, I'm pretty sure France would eventually take a lot of quota places in Paris, even if some of their athletes are not exactly at the top of the current ranking...

and all the Russians, despite being very low in the rankings, will be very dangerous...

you say that to please me, that France will recover a lot of quotas  ?

1 minute ago, Benolympique said:

you say that to please me, that France will recover a lot of quotas  ?

no, I wrote that because they are good and they play at home (which is always an advantage, even behind closed doors)...

I bet on all 3 women's classes and the men's heavyweights getting a quota place for France...

the only problem might be choosing the right athlete for the tournament (as you have more than one candidate in each class)...

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

no, I wrote that because they are good and they play at home (which is always an advantage, even behind closed doors)...

I bet on all 3 women's classes and the men's heavyweights getting a quota place for France...

the only problem might be choosing the right athlete for the tournament (as you have more than one candidate in each class)...

there will be 5000 spectators , So according to you, no female kata, and for boys only the + 75kg?