website statistics

Karate Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

George_D

I wasn't familiar with karate, so i looked it up on youtube, so umm, is Kata like synchronized dancing? why is it in the olympics?

If thats in maybe they should've added pro wrestling, it's japan after all, Omega vs Okada for the gold

Edited by Maxim Fastovsky

14 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Yeah they should have dropped kata and made the kumite events have 16 athletes each.

Btw I find team kata much more interesting than individuals , but considering the fact that Japan put Karate in the 5 suggested sports to dominate it , it's not a big surprise that they add Kata 

7 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Btw I find team kata much more interesting than individuals , but considering the fact that Japan put Karate in the 5 suggested sports to dominate it , it's not a big surprise that they add Kata 

I'm not against kata being in the Olympics, but if you are going to give the sport so few athlete quotas things need to be cut. Baseball/Softball is the same thing, they should have either made it an 8 team tournament or don't bother hosting it.

6 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I'm not against kata being in the Olympics, but if you are going to give the sport so few athlete quotas things need to be cut. Baseball/Softball is the same thing, they should have either made it an 8 team tournament or don't bother hosting it.

I actually think Kata is a more interesting addition than Kumite because it’s much more unique at the Olympics. Kumite just looks very samey. I would be quite happy to give up Kumite for a team Kata event.

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

Just noticed that in the OQ document the qualification period is from July 2nd 2018 to June 31st 2020 :mumble:

What is wrong with that? :p

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen