website statistics

Shooting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

28 minutes ago, dcro said:

Meanwhile, America is allowed to enter a time trial-only athlete, against all regulations and precedents.

Thats' not quite fair. Cycling NOCs have always been able to fill their quota places in one discipline from athletes named in another - The French famously tried it a few games ago the other way round I think, trying to use a Road berth to squeeze in another trackie.

27 minutes ago, hckošice said:

we misread nothing. It was in the rules for more than 2 and half year. They just decided now to change the rule to afford only athletes who won quotas in idividual events to compete.

I agree. Rules were clear about this. Slovakia won those quotas fair and square. 

32 minutes ago, dcro said:

Meanwhile, America is allowed to enter a time trial-only athlete, against all regulations and precedents.

It seems respectful of the rules to me, they have Dygert as +1 like Germany did, or Italy in men's. Then it's up to them to decide which 4 cyclists to start in the road race among the 5 they have- technically they could have entered Neben in the road race and then replace her with Dygert at any time.

4 minutes ago, mpjmcevoy said:

Thats' not quite fair. Cycling NOCs have always been able to fill their quota places in one discipline from athletes named in another - The French famously tried it a few games ago the other way round I think, trying to use a Road berth to squeeze in another trackie.

Well, this is getting off topic, but the rules clearly state that no quota allocations are made specifically for the time trial. Any starter must come from the road race, or other cycling disciplines.

Does not apply for Amber Neben apparently.

#banbestmen

17 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, this is getting off topic, but the rules clearly state that no quota allocations are made specifically for the time trial. Any starter must come from the road race, or other cycling disciplines.

Does not apply for Amber Neben apparently.

Yes, and Dygert is in the Women's Team Pursuit, is she not?

Shooting ....let me see if I understood .mixed medal if India has 2 individually qualified shooters in men's and women's 10 m pistol .....we get to send 2 teams ......  But if had a 25 MTR shooter shooting in 10 out of these we would be able to send only team.... 

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

32 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

Shooting ....let me see if I understood .mixed medal if India has 2 individually qualified shooters in men's and women's 10 m pistol .....we get to send 2 teams ......  But if had a 25 MTR shooter shooting in 10 out of these we would be able to send only team.... 

Apparently the rules were changed and you can only enter one team per event except those countries that won spots at the worlds. They can enter 2.