website statistics

Shooting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

:PHI + 1 (10m Air Rifle Men)

:ISL +1 (10m Air Pistol Men)

:BIH + 1 (10m Air Rifle Women)

:KGZ + 1 (10m Air Rifle Women)

:MNE + 1 (10m Air Pistol Women)

@JoshMartini007 these are the changes I notice comparing Wikipedia and the entry lists.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

:PHI + 1 (10m Air Rifle Men)

:ISL +1 (10m Air Pistol Men)

:BIH + 1 (10m Air Rifle Women)

:KGZ + 1 (10m Air Rifle Women)

:MNE + 1 (10m Air Pistol Women)

@JoshMartini007 these are the changes I notice comparing Wikipedia and the entry lists.

It's a bit more complicated due to nations exchanging quotas for other events (plus all the double starters). This is going to be a long process...

57 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

ISSF released the current entry lists for individual events: https://www.issf-sports.org/getfile.aspx?cshipid=2626&mod=docf&pane=1&inst=449&iist=118&file=OG-Tokyo_Entry-list.pdf

According to their press release, “the composition of Mixed Teams and their numbers by events will be known at a later date.” 

Source: https://www.issf-sports.org/news.ashx?newsid=3604

Women’s Trap is the event with the least amount of entries at 26, while Women’s 10m Air Pistol is the largest event with 53 entries. 

Yeah, this is definitely not the final version. There no Kovačocy and Špotáková in M & W trap, and they definitely will compete ;)

Here’s a list of countries eligible for the Mixed Team events based of the individual entry lists posted above. These are likely subject to change.

Air Rifle - :ARG:AUS:BLR:CHN:CRO:CZE:DEN:HUN:IND:IRI:ITA:JPN:KOR:NOR:POL:RUS:SRB:TPE:USA

Air Pistol - :AUS:CHN:CUB:EGY:GER:IND:IRI:JPN:KOR:MGL:RUS:SRB:TUN:UKR:USA

Trap - :AUS:CHN:EGY:ESP:GBR:ITA:JPN:MEX:RUS:SMR:SVK:USA

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Here’s a list of countries eligible for the Mixed Team events based of the individual entry lists posted above. These are likely subject to change.

Air Rifle - :ARG:AUS:BLR:CHN:CRO:CZE:DEN:HUN:IND:IRI:ITA:JPN:KOR:NOR:POL:RUS:SRB:TPE:USA

Air Pistol - :AUS:CHN:CUB:EGY:GER:IND:IRI:JPN:KOR:MGL:RUS:SRB:TUN:UKR:USA

Trap - :AUS:CHN:EGY:ESP:GBR:ITA:JPN:MEX:RUS:SMR:SVK:USA

It should be noted that two mixed teams per nations are allowed... Such transparent concession to big teams, since individual events (which allowed two entries), got removed in favor of this mixed revolution...

#banbestmen

I wonder if they are even aware of their mistake :mumble: Hopefully our federation will notify ISSF soon and ask for explanation with immediate subsequent fixing of this before a silly unfortunate problem may occur.

I read and re-read the qualification document and I see no reason why they forgot to include our second trap quotas in the individual events. This may end in a very negative precedent if ISSF will just also decide to not follow its own qualifying system.

17 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I wonder if they are even aware of their mistake :mumble: Hopefully our federation will notify ISSF soon and ask for explanation with immediate subsequent fixing of this before a silly unfortunate problem may occur.

I read and re-read the qualification document and I see no reason why they forgot to include our second trap quotas in the individual events. This may end in a very negative precedent if ISSF will just also decide to not follow its own qualifying system.

When did they qualify? I don't see their names here:https://www.issf-sports.org/competitions/ogqualification/quota_places/quota_places_by_nation_and_name.ashx