website statistics

Shooting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

Well, I am not sure if Ireland can decline and hope to get another.

They changed the reallocation system specifically now. It used to be that a nation could select anyone from any event, as long as they have MQS. Now the reallocations are tied to one specific event.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Well, I am not sure if Ireland can decline and hope to get another.

They changed the reallocation system specifically now. It used to be that a nation could select anyone from any event, as long as they have MQS. Now the reallocations are tied to one specific event.

They probably don’t even want to in fairness. It’s just me feeling that it’s a shame our best shooter is left at home. 

On 07/06/2021 at 00:55, JoshMartini007 said:

Does anyone know which events receive priority for reallocation?

Anyway here are the top eligible nations for each event along with how many quotas are available (I'm assuming the remaining tripartite quotas and North Korea's quotas will be reallocated). I will also list the next three eligible nations.

* or ** = tied with each other

Men's 10m Air Rifle (1) - :NED / :UZB:ARM:BRN

Happy with the news today that PHI received a reallocation quota, to be honest I didn’t see it coming based on JoshMartini’s post ?

I read one article on czech shooting site now And i am very surprised and disappointed again from czech officers.

They decided that one of the best shooter at the world Filip Nepejchal will not compete in 10m air rifle and for 50M rifle 3 positions, they will battle for ticket to Tokio with Petr Nymbursky next week . And they nominated junior Prizivsky instead of them.

Yes, Filip Nepejchal was injured and there was some drop of form but still i think that he would have the biggest chance to success in Olympics. Moreover officers did not inform ahead that they will choose athlete based on current ECH. Typical for Czech officers... And there are also some internal argues between two Czech shooting groups of officers which have impact on shooters individual lives.

So 10M air rifle, it is closed: We will send: Prizivsky and Hrckulak

50M rifle 3 positions: Prizivsky and one of the Nepejchal/Nymbursky

I hoped in change of quota od Hrckulak for sb in Rapid fire pistol, but it seems that Is confirmed now that Hrckulak will go too.

On 21/06/2021 at 21:52, stepansevs said:

I read one article on czech shooting site now And i am very surprised and disappointed again from czech officers.

They decided that one of the best shooter at the world Filip Nepejchal will not compete in 10m air rifle and for 50M rifle 3 positions, they will battle for ticket to Tokio with Petr Nymbursky next week . And they nominated junior Prizivsky instead of them.

Yes, Filip Nepejchal was injured and there was some drop of form but still i think that he would have the biggest chance to success in Olympics. Moreover officers did not inform ahead that they will choose athlete based on current ECH. Typical for Czech officers... And there are also some internal argues between two Czech shooting groups of officers which have impact on shooters individual lives.

So 10M air rifle, it is closed: We will send: Prizivsky and Hrckulak

50M rifle 3 positions: Prizivsky and one of the Nepejchal/Nymbursky

I hoped in change of quota od Hrckulak for sb in Rapid fire pistol, but it seems that Is confirmed now that Hrckulak will go too.

Hmm Nymburský is 3rd after 1st group of qualification in World Cup in Osijek, Nepejchal is 7th. So it seems that our best shooter will not go to Tokio :-(

Patrik Jány thanks yesterday bronze in the 50m Rifle 3 positions race in World Cup in Croatia, officially confirmed his qualification also in this event, he was expected to compete there by having the required mqs 2 years ago, but now it is definitely confirmed.

So 2 events for him at his debut Olympics, his main discipline the 10m Air Rifle, and is more than happy to hear that he will stay in the olympic village the whole week to compete also in the 3 positions

204926608_1748931558830274_7402114299466