website statistics

Shooting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

23 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Ireland could also exchange the quota for another event

But any change would have to be in favor of another men's event... Which makes me think that any chance of getting a women's quota is gone.

Or maybe not, who knows at this point.

#banbestmen

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

But any change would have to be in favor of another men's event... Which makes me think that any chance of getting a women's quota is gone.

Or maybe not, who knows at this point.

Forgot that it has to be the same gender

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

I really hope Ireland exchanges this quota for women’s trap. Aoife Gormally  deserves a chance as she is the best performing of the Irish shooters recently. Hopefully our federation will make this sensible choice :fingers:

No reallocations have been awarded in women’s Trap. Maybe there were no available candidates. In that case could :IRL decline the men’s quota and be awarded the women’s?

Although I may be unfair on Ian O’Sullivan who could also get the quota.

6 hours ago, Oldira said:

No reallocations have been awarded in women’s Trap. Maybe there were no available candidates. In that case could :IRL decline the men’s quota and be awarded the women’s?

Although I may be unfair on Ian O’Sullivan who could also get the quota.

Sadly Aiofe's Olympic dreams are over. There are 16 reallocations here, 8 per each gender. If you reject men's trap quota which your federation  won't, :FIJ gets the men's trap quota. Quotas cannot be exchanged between genders at all, so it's either 0 or 1 men's trap quota. That would mean imbalance of gender.

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

There were only 16 reallocations as of now so ISSF decided to award them such that it'll be 8 per gender. 

No they reallocated based on the missing quotas due to the returning of tripartite quotas, events which Japan qualified, continental qualifiers where no one got the MQS and North Korea's withdrawn quotas. It has nothing to do with keeping it gender balanced. The two extra women's trap quotas were allocated because there are no eligible nations remaining.

Should Ireland withdraw in the men's trap, they will be eligible again in the women's trap (since they no longer have a quota) while the men's trap quota will go to Fiji or Luxembourg.

3 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Should Ireland withdraw in the men's trap, they will be eligible again in the women's trap (since they no longer have a quota) while the men's trap quota will go to Fiji or Luxembourg.

How did 1 quota become 2? Ireland withdrawing so that Ireland and Fiji qualifies sounds funny