website statistics

Shooting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

4 часа назад, Andry84 сказал:

It will be better to wait the next ranking that should be the last one, every shooter will lose some points and it's a very long work to try to predict the definitive ranking 

Give me example. I can make this!

3 hours ago, Illya said:

Give me example. I can make this!

It's quite difficult to explain how the ranking in shooting works, you can probably understand better going on issf website and looking in the ranking section, it's explained quite well how it works, but it's very complicated. 

• 1 month later...

The IOC Executive Board approved updated ISSF Qualification System for Tokyo:

https://www.issf-sports.org/news.ashx?newsid=3439

As proposed by the ISSF, the Quota Places supposed to be allocated at the 2020 European Championship Shotgun in Chateauroux, France, and the Euopean Olympic Qualification Championship in Plzen, Czech Republic, will be allocated at the 2021 European Championship 10m in Lohia, Finland, and at the European Championship 25/50/300m/Shotgun in Osijek, Croatia.

The allocation of the 12 Quota Places (one in each individual event) according to the World Ranking will be done based on the World Ranking list of March 31, 2020 and points earned at one ISSF World Cup in Rifle/Pistol and one ISSF World Cup in Shotgun to be held in March-April of 2021.

The new deadline for Tokyo 2020 Qualification in the Shooting sport is June 6, 2021.

https://www.issf-sports.org/getfile.aspx?cshipid=2626&mod=docf&pane=1&inst=449&file=1. Tokyo 2020 - Revised Qualification system - Shooting_2020-05-26_eng-1.pdf

• 7 months later...

It seems the European 10 m shooting championships to be held in Finland has just been cancelled.We will see if and where they will be reorganised, but the sitauatio in getting worse and worse, i have bben certain the Games to be held in July until 2 or 3 weeks ago, but now i'm beginning to be a little more doubtful.

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Not ridiculous, just... Expected.

Most Winter qualifiers will be postponed to April/May (at the very least)...

Why ? it is a lack of respect to the athletes, how to spoil their Olympic preparation, and I am not even talking about all these qualifying tournaments to gain points in the Olympic ranking (badminton, judo ..)

5 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Why ? it is a lack of respect to the athletes, how to spoil their Olympic preparation, and I am not even talking about all these qualifying tournaments to gain points in the Olympic ranking (badminton, judo ..)

Because organizing a fair competition with 40+ nations involved (under normal circumstances) is just impossible when the pandemic peaks...

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Because organizing a fair competition with 40+ nations involved (under normal circumstances) is just impossible when the pandemic peaks...

some federations continue to organize championships, world cup while shooting there is no close physical contact