website statistics

Shooting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

Just now, MHSN said:

Question about the ranking. the document says

The highest ranked athlete not yet qualified in any event and provided that the athlete’s NOC does not have a quota place in that specific event, then theathlete will obtain one (1) quota place. These quota places are allocated to the athletes by name.

Does it mean if a NOC qualifies one shooter in an event, that's not possible for them to receive a second quota through ranking ?

Yes. Hence, Iran can win the ranking quota in 25m Pistol Women but not in 10m Air Pistol Women, where Rostamian has already won the quota. 

17 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Question about the ranking. the document says

The highest ranked athlete not yet qualified in any event and provided that the athlete’s NOC does not have a quota place in that specific event, then theathlete will obtain one (1) quota place. These quota places are allocated to the athletes by name.

Does it mean if a NOC qualifies one shooter in an event, that's not possible for them to receive a second quota through ranking ?

Yes, but the atlete who win the ranking quota, that is nominal, cannot had  won quota  before  in another event. For example Celine  Goberville  of France can't  win ranking quota in 10 meter  pistol.

Edited by Andry84

3 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Yes. Hence, Iran can win the ranking quota in 25m Pistol Women but not in 10m Air Pistol Women, where Rostamian has already won the quota. 

Yes that's exactly why I asked the question. because of Golnoush S. 25m pistol looks impossible for her while she could be #1 candidate in 10m Air Pistol. looks like she is not supposed to qualify after all. a series of back luck (and poor performances) happened for her during these qualification events.

another question. how many events left for the ranking ? I assume only 1 World Cup in Delhi next year (and Shotgun in Cyprus). right ?

and another one, I see two kinds of ranking in ISSF website, "World Ranking" and "2019 Ranking" is it right the only major difference between these 2 ranking (specially for Pistol/Rifle events) is 2018 World Champs in Korea ?

Just now, Andry84 said:

Yes, but the atlete who win the ranking quota, that is nominal, cannot had  won quota  before  in another event. For example Celine  Goberville  of France can't  win ranking quota in 10 meter  pistol.

Yeah that's obvious. you can't qualify twice.

from what I see Viktoriya Chaika (Belarus) is the first eligible shooter in the list for that event. still we have European Championship left and it's early to analyze the ranking.

9 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Yeah that's obvious. you can't qualify twice.

from what I see Viktoriya Chaika (Belarus) is the first eligible shooter in the list for that event. still we have European Championship left and it's early to analyze the ranking.

I dont know if Continental Championships are included in world ranking, I think only world Championships, Olympics, World cup and World cup finals   are counted for World ranking

4 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

I dont know if Continental Championships are included in world ranking, I think only world Championships, Olympics, World cup and World cup finals   are counted for World ranking

no they don't but when someone qualifies from his/her continent, she will make herself and her country ineligible to qualify in that event. that was my point

28 minutes ago, MHSN said:

how many events left for the ranking ? I assume only 1 World Cup in Delhi next year (and Shotgun in Cyprus). right ?

Also, World Cup Final this year. Not sure about Olympic Games Test Event. 

29 minutes ago, MHSN said:

and another one, I see two kinds of ranking in ISSF website, "World Ranking" and "2019 Ranking" is it right the only major difference between these 2 ranking (specially for Pistol/Rifle events) is 2018 World Champs in Korea ?

I think so. We must also keep in mind that past scores are not as valuable as recent ones. A good performance in a recent World Cup can easily improve your ranking by a lot. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...