website statistics

Shooting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

Just now, NearPup said:

I mean that works too :P

I just think it’d be more fun if Alessandra qualified. It’s also be easier for :SMR to get 1 tripartite than 2.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Couple of points from qualification document:

1) Tripartite Commission places will be awarded at the end of the qualification period, and only the nations which are still unqualified will be eligible.

2) A nation can receive only one TC place.

Therefore, Kuwait is alrwady out of the equation, while San Marino can only dream about having two starters.

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...

Question about Double Scorers. Seonaid MacIntosh has had performances good enough to get quota spots for GBR in Air Rifle and 3 Position 50m Rifle events. Because she gained the latter space first, she cannot gain another quota in the Air Rifle as well, which I get. If she is selected then she can compete in both events as she has the MQS. However what happens if she is injured?  The quota goes to the NOC so does that mean Team GB can pick which event their competitor does, or does it have to be the first event quota obtained?   

2 minutes ago, Cmon Mary said:

Question about Double Scorers. Seonaid MacIntosh has had performances good enough to get quota spots for GBR in Air Rifle and 3 Position 50m Rifle events. Because she gained the latter space first, she cannot gain another quota in the Air Rifle as well, which I get. If she is selected then she can compete in both events as she has the MQS. However what happens if she is injured?  The quota goes to the NOC so does that mean Team GB can pick which event their competitor does, or does it have to be the first event quota obtained?   

if McIntosh is unable to start in Tokyo (for whatever the reason might be), they can pick whoever they want to replace her, provided the new shooter has the MQS in all the disciplines they want him/her to start...

quotas are for NOCs, who can do what they want, even asking to switch the disciplines between one where they actually won the spot and one where they missed out (if I remember correctly, there's only the limit of 1 switch per gender)...

8 minutes ago, Cmon Mary said:

MacIntosh has won only one quota in 50x3. She would have won the quota in 10m yesterday but was not eligible. Team GB can nominate anyone to represent them in 50x3 as long as she has achieved MQS in the event. If the shooter also has MQS in 10m, she can start in 10m as well. If Team GB wants they can also swap this quota in 50x3 for another quota in any Women's event. 

Just now, phelps said:

if McIntosh is unable to start in Tokyo (for whatever the reason might be), they can pick whoever they want to replace her, provided the new shooter has the MQS in all the disciplines they want him/her to start...

quotas are for NOCs, who can do what they want, even asking to switch the disciplines between one where they actually won the spot and one where they missed out (if I remember correctly, there's only the limit of 1 switch per gender)...

Limit is maximum 1 switch per NOC and that switch has to be within the same gender. 

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

On the sidenote, there are no injuries in shooting. :p

not in the sport itself (unless you're so idiot to shoot your own foot or so)...

but there's always the chance you get sick/injured outside the shooting range, like it happens to all human beings...gotta take this into consideration if you are leading a professional/top level activity...you can't be surprised if something normally unexpected happens...